engine covers or case savers | GTAMotorcycle.com

engine covers or case savers

JTRUDEL90

i'm just looking for some feedback from some users of both engine covers and or case savers. there are a few brands on the market i'm in the process of building a dedicated track bike,09 gsxr-600.

EDIT: Nvm, price isn't as high as I thought it was for some reason.

EDIT: Nvm, price isn't as high as I thought it was for some reason.

The price isn't bad at say $300 with tax for the set just didn't know at that point do you just spend the extra for a beautiful woodcraft cover that will get rashed eventually...I've seen a fair amount of factory covers break but havent really heard of the aftermarket ones getting trashed

With the full set of GB covers you get 3 pieces, if you price out doing all that with aftermarket covers you're well above and if one gets damaged it's a lot more expensive to replace compared to a GB cover.

They work and they've been on my last two bikes. I'm not sponsored by them so the logo may or may not be shaved off mine.

Last edited:
The price isn't bad at say $300 with tax for the set just didn't know at that point do you just spend the extra for a beautiful woodcraft cover that will get rashed eventually...I've seen a fair amount of factory covers break but havent really heard of the aftermarket ones getting trashed

That's why I edited my post...for some reason I thought I had looked into it before and it was $500-600, but actually is a fair amount less.

Not sure I'll ever get them though given I only ride street and the actual case sides are around $50 for my bike. That said, I have seen pics of people who went down, and it seems the case takes 90% of the impact (or around 50% if the bike also has frame sliders). If it would definitely help save fairings then it might be worth it in my case.

For track use they'd make total sense, given the increased chances of a lowside, plus you really wouldn't want to sit out part of a track day due to damage.

I've been through a couple sets of GB's, I like them, they work really well. I'm sure others work as well, but they are the only ones I've used.

NRC makes fantastic products. Surprisingly they're made locally - made by some great guys in Niagara-on-the-lake. Check them out.

Back
Top Bottom