New Aviva Supersport Insurance Rules | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Aviva Supersport Insurance Rules

I hope that my R3 rate for next spring doesn't change. I just purchased a brand new 2015 R3 in Blue just yesterday for $5k out the door. I got quoted $3000 for full coverage on my R3 about two weeks ago from Paul. I also asked rates for 600's, ended up being all $11K for me.

I hope that my R3 rate for next spring doesn't change. I just purchased a brand new 2015 R3 in Blue just yesterday for $5k out the door. I got quoted $3000 for full coverage on my R3 about two weeks ago from Paul. I also asked rates for 600's, ended up being all $11K for me.

should be fine as long as its not a super sport(which the r3 is not)

Holy crap! How do you guys afford $3k/yr ins. at your age?

Holy crap! How do you guys afford $3k/yr ins. at your age?
Gotta remember that most people at our age don't have homes and dependables to pay for.
That said, he's gotta be under 25. I'm insured on a CBR500R at $1,600/yr, and an R3 was similar.

I think Allstate still will be more $$ compared with Aviva. I'm also with them and so far i'm very happy.

At least for 2016 they were a lot less for the bike actually....$800/year vs $1100/year, and also a few hundred cheaper than TD MM on the car. Problem was my car and home had already been recently renewed, and the cancellation fees practically wiped out the deal. I believe I also asked about a lower rate if I brought the car and home over to Aviva as well, and they said the bike would remain about the same (all discounts already applied).

One big pro for Aviva though if anyone buys new is they allow you to get a waiver of depreciation for up to 5 years from the purchase date of the bike, which gives you back full MSRP should anything bad happen. Most others seem to only do 2-3 years, and All State only does it on cars. For mine, added cost was $100/year or less than $10/month extra.

Last edited:
The bigger question is why would you pay 3k for an r3.

$3k buys a lot of track time where there is no insurance required and no speed limits. If you've never done it, seriously consider it. Its a bunch of like minded enthusiasts going as fast/slow as they like in a much safer environment. We all had our first track day once, don't be afraid to ask if you are interested.

$3k buys a lot of track time where there is no insurance required and no speed limits. If you've never done it, seriously consider it. Its a bunch of like minded enthusiasts going as fast/slow as they like in a much safer environment. We all had our first track day once, don't be afraid to ask if you are interested.
What? I'm saying why would he pay 3k a year for insurance on an r3. That's Supersport price territory. Are you saying he shouldn't have insured it and spent that money only on track days?

Dont know how old he is, but if hes like 18, 3k sounds about right for a 300(especially if hes a new rider).....I was quoted at like 2000$ for an r3/ninja 300...and i was 26 at the time

this is BEFORE the new/cheaper rates went into affect(that also offered less coverage)

What? I'm saying why would he pay 3k a year for insurance on an r3. That's Supersport price territory. Are you saying he shouldn't have insured it and spent that money only on track days?
Correct

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The bigger question is why would you pay 3k for an r3.

The following up season is going to be my first season riding. I turned 18 years old about an half a year ago. I'm very young, I got quoted 3K for full coverage from Paul, which will only be available at that price after I do my MSF course to my M2. I still haven't gotten my M1 yet... LOL.

Dont know how old he is, but if hes like 18, 3k sounds about right for a 300(especially if hes a new rider).....I was quoted at like 2000$ for an r3/ninja 300...and i was 26 at the time

this is BEFORE the new/cheaper rates went into affect(that also offered less coverage)

Yup! I'm only 18.

Keep in mind, most young guys (heck even older guys) are living at home with the folks, with no mortgage, or bills, or kids or anything so 3k might be doable for them(since income is entirely disposable)

Just thought I would add as the changes have now been implemented...

If you are under 4 Years Licensed with a SS(that is surcharged), it is an automatic decline. Unsure if this will affect renewals or if they will be grandfathered in

Lol, currently with aviva with my 250. I pay 1400 a year, tried getting a quote for a fz09, fz07, cbr600 all restricted.. looks like ill be switching

Lol, currently with aviva with my 250. I pay 1400 a year, tried getting a quote for a fz09, fz07, cbr600 all restricted.. looks like ill be switching

With the new guidelines effective Jan 1st, Aviva is able to insure you on the FZ07 if you have been licensed less than 4 years since it is under 750 cc's and non super-sport.

The FZ09 and the CBR600 they would not be able to insure unless you have been riding for 4 or more years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom