EagleRider Experience | GTAMotorcycle.com

EagleRider Experience

Old Suzy

Site Supporter
Wondering if anybody has had any experience with EagleRider Motorcycle rentals. Thinking about picking up a bike in Nashville and riding down to the Berber Museum in Alabama and then down to the Gulf Coast to visit a friend. Then touring along the gulf to New Orleans to fly home. According to the site a rental of a Indian Chieftain or simuler Harley for 7 days could be had for about $1,300.00 US including insurance. Rented from Harley before but it seems that they only do a return the bike to the same location as picked up.

Looks like a nice way to tick off a bucket list ride but wondering if there is any hidden tricks to this EagleRider rental deal.

No experience, but was just reading up on them today.

Apparently they have a membership program which you pay $29 initiation and $29/month for a year and you get 12 rentals out of that... might be the better option... $377... but check to see if your location is one that participates: http://www.eaglerider.com/motorcycle-club

I'm considering joining for a year and doing two 6-day trips to different areas in the USA to use up the included rentals.

I rented a bike from them in Phoenix for a day. It was a Harley Fat Boy and the experience was pretty painless. The bike was in good condition and since I did not have any gear with me, they loaned me a pair of gloves and helmet for free. The staff there were really easy to deal with and the cost for me was around $200/day all in. I was riding a big loop, so I returned the bike to the location I rented from.

I also went to Barber Museum (not the carpet museum) back in 2010 and it was an amazing experience. If you like vintage bikes they do a really great vintage bike weekend every year in October... so many bikes!
DSCN0475-XL.jpg

I've had a bad experience (not with a MC, but with something else) with the "drop it off at a different location when done" type rentals.

Be sure to document the bejesus out of the condition of the bike at pickup with a ton of photos, and make sure some of the photos have an employee at the pickup end in the photos themselves to prove you took them there.

If, at point B, the inspection shows a scratch/dent/whatever that wasn't properly documented at the pickup inspection...you can prove that you didn't do it.

Man that barber museum looks awesome,I'll have to get there one day....

I've had a bad experience (not with a MC, but with something else) with the "drop it off at a different location when done" type rentals.

Be sure to document the bejesus out of the condition of the bike at pickup with a ton of photos, and make sure some of the photos have an employee at the pickup end in the photos themselves to prove you took them there.

If, at point B, the inspection shows a scratch/dent/whatever that wasn't properly documented at the pickup inspection...you can prove that you didn't do it.

Great advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I have rented from Eagle Rider twice... once in Los Angeles and once in Phoenix. Great experiences both times!

The Phoenix one actually saved a vacation when another rental company completely screwed up and effectively left us without a bike. It was on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm at the start of a 10 day ride in Arizona and New Mexico. Eagle Rider came to the rescue and rented us a couple of Harley's. They stayed open a couple of hours past their regular closing time to get us all setup on the bikes. Great service!

..Tom

Eaglerider is not a single outfit. It's an affiliate program made up of different motorcycle dealers around the US (typically HD, but some BMW shops as well). Your experience is going to depend on which location you rent from.

You might get a better rate (insurance, mileage allowances, etc) if you find out the name of the dealer in the location you want and contact them directly instead of going through the Eaglerider website.

Eaglerider is not a single outfit. It's an affiliate program made up of different motorcycle dealers around the US (typically HD, but some BMW shops as well). Your experience is going to depend on which location you rent from.

They have a a bit less than 70 stores in USA, 4 of the are corporate, and almost 30 are working with/part of Harley Dealerships. Many if not most of the rest are stand-alone.

..Tom

Again great advice, I do this with car rentals as well. I'm pretty meticulous with the inspection at the beginning of every rental. I go to the point where they say "oh that too little to care about, I say don't give a rats a%$, mark it down."

They have a a bit less than 70 stores in USA, 4 of the are corporate, and almost 30 are working with/part of Harley Dealerships. Many if not most of the rest are stand-alone.

..Tom

The store in Nashville appears to rent only Polaris products. I'm looking at the Indian Chieftain for the ride.

Rented from them last year at their Vegas location, great experience and bikes were in great shape. I would rent from them again without hesitation.

Thank all, Looks like I'm going to knock off another item on the bucket list. Now just to find the time!

Booked it for the first week in March.:thumbup: Renting a big A@# Indian Road Master. Can't wait to see the Barber!
I will report back after the trip.

Back
Top Bottom