• AGM (absorbed glass matt)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Lithium

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
I have not taken the battery out of my KLR last season for storage and wandered how is it holding the charge so well, especially considering that only about 10% of my riding is done on this bike. Upon inspection (today), I've discovered a Lithium battery in there. Surprised by the size and weight.

Hence this poll, what makes you choose a specific battery type and why?
Any obvious pluses or minuses?

Last edited:
AGM (Yuasa YTZ10S) in my current bike.

Weight isn't a huge deal with me.
Don't completely trust lithium chemistries just yet.
Better cold performance than lithium.
Tough, reliable.

Yes, the only lithium downside I've been able to find is difficulty cranking in low temperatures (~5 degrees and under). I rarely ride in those however. Weight reduction isn't huge for me either, don't mind it but I weigh 220lbs so that 5lbs less on the battery does nothing overall for the bike. I like the reduced size though. Storage space on the bike is so scarce. Could keep some breakers there or a small tool set.

I also like the fact that lithium don't need charging for 6-8 months even, as long as they are not under load.

Old school hasn't let me down. No need to spend more $ than needed. Not racing, so don't need weight savings.

Old school here yet a lighter battery would be noticeable on a FJR1300 as the battery is in the upper right hand cowling.

Either type of sealed battery, if I can get one for my bike. In my experience they are harder to kill. Maybe one day I'll try a lithium battery, but not at 2x the cost

Back
Top Bottom