• 2017 NINJA ZX-6R ABS

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 2017 YZF-R6

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 2017 GSX-R750

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you've got a problem, I don't care what it is, if you need a hand, I can assure you of this, I can help. It would sure do me good to do you good. I can help. 2017 GSXR 750.
No doubt the OP will appreciate the sage advice of Billy Swan. Thanks.

via Tapatalk

As a guy with a gsxr 600 but only 2 seasons of riding and m2, I found that most will either give you 5k-6k quotes, so as others said, grab a chair before you call.
Dalton Timmies, who I went with gave me 2300~, but would not let me over 650cc, which will probably happen to you if you try and get that 750. I tried for the fz07, which is technically a slower "standard" bike, but they wouldn't insure me....so I got the faster 600. Silly, but that's the way they work if they insure by cc.

I cant believe no one brought this up yet, but did you check with your insurance company??? they will attempt intercourse without consent....

R6 will likely be the least comfortable for street riding, followed by the Kaw, the GSXR will have more torque then the other 2 without getting you into full 1000cc power territory.

Pick the one that you find the most comfortable and looks the best. All 3 are good bikes and going to be a lot of fun to ride so all is good there. My money would probably go to Yamaha just because I like the looks of the bike the best and also the new electronics package and optional factory quickshifter would interest me. The kawi with it's 636cc engine and Suzuki probably have the better mannered engine for the street though with a little more power (A lot more in the case of 750) down low.

That extra displacement, 600->750 (all numbers rounded) pays dividends on road. People who don't think 150cc is much fail to understand whole family units regularly move about on less. Not in the western hemisphere yet, as we have a much lower birth rate, but with changing demographics and the likes of Wynne and Trudeau at the helm I can see "High Occupancy" taking on a whole new meaning.

I used to own a 2008 GSX R750 and did commute, spirited riding, and track day riding with it. I have an RSV1000R now and honestly the GSX R750 is a MUCH better bike. Let's put insurance aside and look at the following instead:

The 750 is very close, power wise, to liter bikes before liter bikes were aiming for 200HP. For reference, the guy who owns my 750 is the one who I bought the RSV1000R from, neither of us can figure out which bike is faster in a straight line. But, the 750 is tuned with a R55 full system.

Engine characteristic wise, the bike doesn't really come alive before 6k RPM. Before 6k RPM, it'll feel like a tame Ninja 300. When the power kicks in and you're WOT, you will pop a micro-wheelie in 2nd or 3rd probably around 11k-13k. This was very consistent for me and because the GSXR750's between 2006 to 2016 have had very minor engine changes, you'll likely find the same results.

Because the bike has largely been unchanged for 10 years, you will find **** tons of parts. This is great because why do we get sport bikes? To ride like idiots. What happens when you ride like an idiot? You break things. With the plentiful parts lying around, you can fix the bike up really fast.

In terms of weight distribution, the GSXRs have a lot more weight low. This means, compared to bikes that have weight closer to the middle, your turn-ins feel a little more sluggish.

I would not be looking at a 600CC SS for street riding just because of how gutted they feel before the powerband. Also the aggressive riding positions of both the ZX-6R and R6 are ****** for long distance rides; this is specific to my body though, you may fair better.

Also, just my 2 cents on buying new, don't do it. Unless have a lot of money lying around, picking up a used one makes a lot more sense. The major difference between the different GSXRs between 2006 to now are fairings. The longest running model is between 2011 to 2017 (17's pictures look the exact same as the 2011-2016). You'll find more used plastic for 2011-2017 just because the model ran for 6 years.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2467416 said:
Because the bike has largely been unchanged for 10 years, you will find **** tons of parts. This is great because why do we get sport bikes? To ride like idiots. What happens when you ride like an idiot? You break things. With the plentiful parts lying around, you can fix the bike up really fast.

you forgot the cops take notice part

油井緋色;2467416 said:
I would not be looking at a 600CC SS for street riding just because of how gutted they feel before the powerband. Also the aggressive riding positions of both the ZX-6R and R6 are ****** for long distance rides; this is specific to my body though, you may fair better.

so your saying the 750 doesnt have that problem?
can you do long distance riding on the 750 as well?

i would be looking at the Kawi. im not a fan of the gsxrs, ridden a couple 2010 ish and it just didnt do it for me.
the R6 looks awesome, only ridden early 2000's and they just didnt do it for me, the newer ones riding position is just too aggressive IMHO for the street.
but i guess ive just always wanted a kawi 636, if the right deal came across ide trade my 600rr for a kawi.

so your saying the 750 doesnt have that problem?
can you do long distance riding on the 750 as well?

Every inline 4 SS has that problem however, the liter bikes and 750 are not as obvious.

I used to do 8+ hour rides with a group of friends that had SS bikes and I did one with the RSV1000R. Regardless of the bike, the position requires you to keep your back and quads flexed, doing this for 8 hours regardless of how shredded you are will eventually make you put weight on your wrists and you'll back and forth between a sore wrist vs sore back/quads.

If the OP wasn't limited to SS bikes, would've told him to get one of the nakeds instead.

油井緋色;2467509 said:
Every inline 4 SS has that problem however, the liter bikes and 750 are not as obvious.

I used to do 8+ hour rides with a group of friends that had SS bikes and I did one with the RSV1000R. Regardless of the bike, the position requires you to keep your back and quads flexed, doing this for 8 hours regardless of how shredded you are will eventually make you put weight on your wrists and you'll back and forth between a sore wrist vs sore back/quads.

If the OP wasn't limited to SS bikes, would've told him to get one of the nakeds instead.

I agree. I mentioned something like the GSX-S750 as a possible alternative in part because its riding position is more realistic for extended street use versus the time required to run 25 laps of a closed track. I believe I also commented on the notion that engines in bikes like the S750 are tuned so that they do actually produce more usable torque at lower RPM -- yes, sacrificing high RPM power -- making them more satisfying on public roads.

But for some folks, form > function. To each his own.

sport bikes have a lot of factors and they all depend on YOU e.g. how tall are you, torso height, leg length, arm length...

What is uncomfortable for 1 person is likely the best setup for another.

If you can afford the insurance get the 750...change the exhaust (tune the ecu) ...add steel brake lines and better tires (when time to change) and you have a solid machine for all around road use. Also when you carry gear or passenger you will appreciate the extra power.

Most ppl have never adjusted their suspension or know some bikes (GSXRs) have a 1 adjustment rear sets...most never adjust their brake and clutch levers for their hands.

If you can accept the looks of the bike then ride the damn thing and don't worry about anyone else's opinion.
The character name guy wrote a accurate opinion on the 750.

*move the rectifier to the side of the bike...the newer models 09+ I think moved them to the side.
* have dealer check VIN for recalls (recalls are free, parts and service).

I agree. I mentioned something like the GSX-S750 as a possible alternative in part because its riding position is more realistic for extended street use versus the time required to run 25 laps of a closed track. I believe I also commented on the notion that engines in bikes like the S750 are tuned so that they do actually produce more usable torque at lower RPM -- yes, sacrificing high RPM power -- making them more satisfying on public roads.

But for some folks, form > function. To each his own.
Unfortunately, yamaha has come out with the fz09 which rival or probably surpass the Gsx-s750, its lighter, more fun, has more power, and costs roughly the same

If i wanted a naked that made 100+ hp it would be Fz09

+1

and op has what further to say?

Good catch. A lot of people don't follow up on their own threads because a myriad of reasons probably incarcerated being among the most obvious. Be that as it may anyone who suggests a 300 is as good as a real bike because you can only go so fast on public roads obviously isn't in tune with the true nuts and bolts of the life style. A little engine will never offer the gravitas of a big engine no matter the speeds achieved or hoped for. That's why HD's and their down market cousins, the much maligned jap cruiser, is so popular. Except the Exciter 250.

Last edited:
Thread cleaned up.Back on topic.

Good catch. A lot of people don't follow up on their own threads because a myriad of reasons probably incarcerated being among the most obvious. Be that as it may anyone who suggests a 300 is as good as a real bike because you can only go so fast on public roads obviously isn't in tune with the true nuts and bolts of the life style. A little engine will never offer the gravitas of a big engine no matter the speeds achieved or hoped for. That's why HD's and their down market cousins, the much maligned jap cruiser, is so popular. Except the Exciter 250.
you obviously haven't a clue about nortons, to say the least..

gravitas?

Last edited:
clean up in aisle #37 and #39

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom