Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 2017 YZF-R6

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 2017 GSX-R750

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hage360

Hi everyone i'm a new rider with only a year and half experience. I currently have a Ninja 300 abs but I'm looking at getting into something with a bit more power/response. So far I've narrowed it down to 3 bikes that i am comparing but i am totally open to suggestion within reason. ATM i have my eye on the 2017 NINJA ZX-6R/ YZF-R6 / GSX-R750. I know the price of them all and that isn't my main concern, it's more about how they feel and respond. Tell me which one you prefer(year/model). I would love and appreciate the feedback.

The GSX-R 750 is one of the best bikes ever made. YouTube SaltxThexWound. This guy downgraded from a liter bike to the GSX-R 750 and explains why in great detail. 1.5 years on a Ninja 300 in Ontario tho ... Insurance is going to rape you.

https://youtu.be/a0de-oQv7LQ

Last edited:
You can always sign up for a demo day and see which one you like best.

I rode a gxr 750 last year and it was a great bike

Sent from my raven

You left out the option for "keep the 300"...straight line speed is over-rated, and is an easy path to tickets if you don't already have any. Plus isn't the 300 capable of up to about 170-180km/h anyhow? Even my 250 was (barely) competent on the highway.

Hi everyone i'm a new rider with only a year and half experience. I currently have a Ninja 300 abs but I'm looking at getting into something with a bit more power/response. So far I've narrowed it down to 3 bikes that i am comparing but i am totally open to suggestion within reason. ATM i have my eye on the 2017 NINJA ZX-6R/ YZF-R6 / GSX-R750. I know the price of them all and that isn't my main concern, it's more about how they feel and respond. Tell me which one you prefer(year/model). I would love and appreciate the feedback.

Ring ring.....Hi its your insurance broker, you owe us 5000$/year from now on.

Merry christmas

Call your insurance broker BEFORE you consider putting ANY money down on any of those bikes. Remember, unless your buying the bike outright, (NO financing), then you WILL have to carry full insurance coverage. The price of the insurance with only 1.5 years insurance history will likely end up being the deciding factor. Especially true if your a young person, (under 25 - 30).

If you like the gixxer 750 why don't you buy the gixxer 600 then? Basically same bike with a bit less power and way less $$$ to insure!!! I have had all four brands Jap bikes hard to say which one is better, they're all good now a days but def the gixxer it is more comfortable then the Yammi r6.;)

Happy Hunting

If you like the gixxer 750 why don't you buy the gixxer 600 then? Basically same bike with a bit less power and way less $$$ to insure!!! I have had all four brands Jap bikes hard to say which one is better, they're all good now a days but def the gixxer it is more comfortable then the Yammi r6.;)

Happy Hunting

Theyre both SS, the rider doesn't have a lot of experience under him, and i am guessing is in his 20's

Hes still gonna get killed on insurance 600 or 750 SS

If he can afford it, by all means(some have money to burn) but if i were him, id get more experience and get more out of that ninja 300(you know hes not even close to riding that thing 100%), wait till 30, get your full M license
then look at supersport

Theyre both SS, the rider doesn't have a lot of experience under him, and i am guessing is in his 20's

Hes still gonna get killed on insurance 600 or 750 SS

If he can afford it, by all means(some have money to burn) but if i were him, id get more experience and get more out of that ninja 300(you know hes not even close to riding that thing 100%), wait till 30, get your full M license
then look at supersport

I don't disagree with you, he asked for opinions and i just reply to stay on the conversation.

Once you pull yourself up off the floor after hearing the insurance quotes (from companies that will actually insure you on those bikes) you might consider a GSX-S750 instead of the 'R'. It'll probably have a lower insurance premium, will be more comfortable for longer distances in the saddle and will be more satisfying overall as a streetbike.

Once you pull yourself up off the floor after hearing the insurance quotes (from companies that will actually insure you on those bikes) you might consider a GSX-S750 instead of the 'R'. It'll probably have a lower insurance premium, will be more comfortable for longer distances in the saddle and will be more satisfying overall as a streetbike.

I dont know man, unless you specialize in motorcycle insurance a gsxr looks pretty close to a gsxs (ask me how i know)

Upgrade the rider first.

www.racer5.ca

^^This X 100

Happy Hunting
.... But which one looks better at Timmie's??

Op has it right from the start. What one is going to feel the best. Other people's opinions won't mean a thing.

Insurance would be a factor.

But, when I first started out, it was team green all the way.

Then I found an appreciation for Yamaha machines.

Nothing wrong with Suzuki. Just never caught my attention enough to pull the trigger. The 750 is a nice street machine for ripping or touring.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record out of the three, in terms of looks I would rank:

-Gsxr
-Zx6r
-R6

the new R6 is ****in hideous, they just copy pasted the R1 under the guise of '8% more aerodynamic!'
Not to mention it looks like a ****in orca/killer whale #puke

Buy a 2016 GSXR 750 ($11 or $12/k)

750 is the perfect street bike that does it all well plus you can tour on it.
Remove the stock exhaust (drops 20-25 lbs)
Have shop tune the stock ECU.

Put on better tires and good to go...
oh, add an HID light because the GSXR's blend in too much with cars, hard to tell their is a bike there.

Solid bikes, easy to work on, fun to ride plus lots of parts available (uses gsxr 600 parts too).

Call your insurance broker BEFORE you consider putting ANY money down on any of those bikes. Remember, unless your buying the bike outright, (NO financing), then you WILL have to carry full insurance coverage. The price of the insurance with only 1.5 years insurance history will likely end up being the deciding factor. Especially true if your a young person, (under 25 - 30).

This.

Best advice in the thread that should be step 1.

OP, if you haven't already investigated, as several have mentioned, you are going to get raped on insurance for an SS with your experience.

And in another post you mentioned you "just got into" the 300 - why are you rushing to upgrade already? And what were you riding previously?

Whatever your decision....your FIRST call should be insurance companies/brokers to see if you can even get insurance on any of your choices (at a price you can swallow) before anything else. There's lots of stories of broken hearts from people who bought a bike and then found out it was uninsurable for them after the fact.

If you've got a problem, I don't care what it is, if you need a hand, I can assure you of this, I can help. It would sure do me good to do you good. I can help. 2017 GSXR 750.

Back
Top Bottom