stop being robbed | GTAMotorcycle.com

stop being robbed

boyoboy

hydro one lied to you. the hidden charges... not quite double the quote you are given. see the link to learn more.

hydro one is "NO LONGER a government owned corporation" - the public no longer owns the electrical utility since government corruption sold it and gave the utility a green light to rob us.

in ontario 1000 kw/hrs delivered to your home costs ~ $239. In manitoba that same amount of electricity delivered costs ~ $81. In quebec ~ $89. Email your MPP now - we need to do this in mass. also sign the petition at the link below. This is the only path we have to stop the corporate robbery. the link below is from mpp randy hillier.

http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/hydro_facts

Lets say you have a car but sell it to a taxi company because of a cash flow problem. Your intentions are to just hire the taxi as needed.

However once you have sold the car the taxi company can charge whatever they want so $25 a km, $50 a km whatever. You can't set the prices anymore (Just like the 407)

Your only option is to buy back your car or buy a new one. Either option screws up your cash flow again.

I dunno how to extend the analogy, because in this case you can't get anywhere without the car. You need the car, you will always need the car as long as you're alive, forever. Also, there are no other cars - you can try building another one, but you're starting so far from scratch you are going to have to personally mine the ore for the metals you will need. It may take your entire life to finish it.

It irritates me greatly that the gov't du jour has the ability to damage/destroy assets and infrastructure like this. In the long run (which won't take that long) it will make the $1 billion lost in the power plant scandal seem like chicken feed.

this is why we have laws and regulatory agencies. Such as for natural gas supply. Hydro one has been handed a licence for grand theft (legalized). pure open corruption.

this isn't the sale of a car...this is a corrupt monopoly. you should check the posted link, it is an eye opener. provided by an MPP.

Last edited:
Lets say you have a car but sell it to a taxi company because of a cash flow problem. Your intentions are to just hire the taxi as needed.

However once you have sold the car the taxi company can charge whatever they want so $25 a km, $50 a km whatever. You can't set the prices anymore (Just like the 407)

Your only option is to buy back your car or buy a new one. Either option screws up your cash flow again.

but taxis do not have a monopoly...there is more than one taxi company. corporate and government corruption is counting on your apathy..

Last edited:
but taxis do not have a monopoly...there is more than one taxi company. corporate and government corruption is counting on your apathy AND STUPIDITY..

We have alternates too. Go off the grid by having a smaller home, going solar, buy a generator for tough times, suck it up when the house is to hot or cold, get rid of excess stuff, get rid of inefficient items like motorcycles, power boats. Dress for function not fashion.

I dunno how to extend the analogy, because in this case you can't get anywhere without the car. You need the car, you will always need the car as long as you're alive, forever. Also, there are no other cars - you can try building another one, but you're starting so far from scratch you are going to have to personally mine the ore for the metals you will need. It may take your entire life to finish it.

1- can't get anywhere without the car ,,,, well , there are some trips that would not be as convienient as your own personal car... and may be somewhat more expensive..
options.. walking, taking a bus, cab, uber, car pooling, car sharing,

2- You need the car, you will always need the car as long as you're alive
well,, you may not need the car quite as much as before.. by using the option above.

3-there are no other cars ,,, well ,, I think there is? other options but when it comes to electric.. I am not sure they are the answer.. as they are more expensive.

How many on this forum are with HYDRO ONE ....... ??

We have alternates too. Go off the grid by having a smaller home, going solar, buy a generator for tough times, suck it up when the house is to hot or cold, get rid of excess stuff, get rid of inefficient items like motorcycles, power boats. Dress for function not fashion.

try going off grid and see were your taxes go

How is Enbridge doing? Have they seen the size of Hydro's trough and want a bigger one for themselves, or are they being quietly efficient?

Going off the grid is possible for some people, and I have nothing against it for those that choose to do it. It is not possible for anyone that that lives in a condo or apartment building, most businesses, most industries. It is definitely something we need as a province

Same as the time of use ********

Even if you went off-grid, were to buy a NG "microgenerator" and had your Smart Meter removed and capped the province would still find a way to make you pay for electrical infrastructure and system maintenance and upgrades.

Don't trust the PCs to fix the issue, though. It was, after all, the Harris PCs that started us down this road with his Energy Competition Act and the break-up of Ontario Hydro into the multi-headed monster we have now. Before that, all parties allowed Ontario Hydro to gain girth and debt momentum. Hillier's page seems a little shy on details as to how he or his party would reduce costs...

Don't trust the PCs to fix the issue, though. It was, after all, the Harris PCs that started us down this road with his Energy Competition Act and the break-up of Ontario Hydro into the multi-headed monster we have now. Before that, all parties allowed Ontario Hydro to gain girth and debt momentum. Hillier's page seems a little shy on details as to how he or his party would reduce costs...

I see all this as a conspiracy! lol ... well...maybe a gvt retraining Ontario consumers energy usage program....
for years.. and years... we have been asked to reduce, recycle, ..

for years.. and years...Ontario has had a CHEAP ride... everything soooo cheap it doesn't bring to mind about WASTE ..
Why do ppl reside in Kitchener. and commute to Toronto? sooo many cars that we need a road 24 lane$ wide in $pots.. SUVs with 1 per$on...
why do sooo many 4500 sqft homes have 6 big screens.. 3 fridges, heat turned up to TEE shirt weather,, AC turned down very low, water features [pools/ponds/waterfalls] that run 24/7 , water heaters that store hot water that cools off, heats, repeat, repeat, repeat, then consumed. ..

from a cost point of view... it is cheaper to continue waste...
from an environmental future point of view... people have been asked for years not to waste... no one listens..[10 per cent do..]
provide them with tools so they can reduce usage,, but not lifestyles.... very few use the information from tools.. they continue to just complain..
so.. make the price of using a car soooo expensive.. and the cost to heat so expensive, and the cost to cool so expensive... etc etc... that mind sets will change to ... live near work, walk , or transit. build or renovate with materials and methods that use less energy to maintain ...... build LRT, and high rise apts.. and make it so difficult to drive... and people will move into condo along LRT .. make them pay for LRT thru taxes, taxes and fares...

You're missing the point. The OP started the thread, to point out tat our Ontario government created an environment where a hydro company is robbing us left and right. This is not about waste or reductions.

The province does not have a shortage of relatively clean power. The province has a problem of energy policy. The liberals have proven for very long time that they cannot produce/secure sufficient amount of relatively clean power without robbing most of the citizens living in the province. That's a fact and something needs to be done about this.

Clearly Wynne is on the way out, but I have no certainty that someone replacing her will deliver much better at the task ...

wow... pretty incredible comment there meester_jamie. How does that theory fit when the facts show consumption per household is dramatically lower than it was ten years ago; or when they raise rates because consumption is less then they were expecting?

The average household now consumes 25 per cent less than a decade ago and peak demand is 16 per cent lower than in 2006. Meanwhile, a 2015 report from Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk found Ontarians paid roughly $37-billion more than market price for electricity over an eight year period[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
http://globalnews.ca/news/2928324/ontario-wont-be-able-to-reduce-soaring-energy-costs-anytime-soon-say-experts/[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Time-of-use electricity rates have to go up because Ontarians used less power than expected during the milder winter
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/hydro-rates-hike-ontario-energy-board-1.3536062

MXS is right, policy is the problem.

You're missing the point. The OP started the thread, to point out tat our Ontario government created an environment where a hydro company is robbing us left and right. This is not about waste or reductions.

The province does not have a shortage of relatively clean power. The province has a problem of energy policy. The liberals have proven for very long time that they cannot produce/secure sufficient amount of relatively clean power without robbing most of the citizens living in the province. That's a fact and something needs to be done about this.

Clearly Wynne is on the way out, but I have no certainty that someone replacing her will deliver much better at the task ...

I've done service work at generation plants and the waste makes you want to puke. However it was the PC's that split the monster up making it harder to police. Corporations and government agencies are run by empire builders who have no interest in lean operations. The money they throw around lands at their own feet where it is easy to scoop up.

Wynne is either incompetent or on the take. She's more likely to win a beauty contest than straighten out her crap trail of bad decisions for the tax payer.

3-there are no other cars ,,, well ,, I think there is?

try this

or this

Those of you pointing out that the PCs did this or that are missing the forest for the trees. The liberals have been in power for 14 years. It takes a supremely partisan hack to deflect this problem onto anyone but the incumbents. There were SO many opportunities to put this thing on the right track and they've done the exact opposite, dug a deeper hole.

Man up. Take responsibility and remove your red blinders for a minute. The only way to send a message to these people is to oust them from their cushy jobs. If your loyalty for a political party runs so deep that you put it before your own well-being, you need to rethink your values. W need to get rid of them and install a new government - take your pick, PCs NDPs Greens Pinks Purples or Yellows... send a message. And when the new guys **** up, send THEM packing too.

Shockingly (sarcasm), the liberal electricity plan to refinance will have big consequences.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...ars-says-secret-liberal-cabinet-document.html

a) Why are these parties able to keep any reports secret, at all? There might be a few you could justify on security grounds, but I can't imagine provincial parliament being directly involved in much security planning. At least, I hope not

b) It's not a big surprise to see a party offloading current problems into the future so that greater minds can deal with it. If I take this at face value though, it's extremely blatant paper evidence that they are selling out the province to hold on to power a little longer. It won't work, of course but wouldn't this be a pretty strong base for a no confidence motion?

Back
Top Bottom