Vancouver bike shops | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vancouver bike shops

JamJam

Can anyone recommend any good bike repair or performance shops in Vancouver.
My buddy is having idle/throttle problems. He has taken it to a dealer type place twice to try and fix it.
All they have done is run injector cleaner through it twice (which didn't fix anything)

sometimes it might help to know the yr and model of bike.. and if there is any background information that might lead up to the idle problems... there might be a quick and easy fix suggested ,, or maybe a suggestion for the pro to look at ...

sux to have your bike stolen !!

his bike is a 2007 R6...
When he starts it up it won't hold idle... just dies out unless he holds throttle open a bit of awhile... then when it will eventually hold idle and he is ready to ride... pulls clutch in and puts it into gear he has no throttle control/response at all.

Hes not really a mechanical guy so he won't be fixing it himself thats why he took it to a dealer place. I find most dealers are just bolt on mechanics until they "find" the fix... thats why I was hoping someone could point me towards one sort of performance shop or real mechanic in Vancouver to send him to.

And yeah... what a great christmas present to come home and find your ride is gone :banghead:

Thanks for the Google search but......
I lived in Vancouver, a couple of those shops couldn't fix a bicycle.
International is a high volume importer who has extremely poor customer service. People buy a machine cheap areally never expected to return. They don't do much in the way of repair or maintenance there.
Rising sun is more of an importer of GREY bikes and usually stick to the Japanese oddball stuff.
Ted at EMS (essential ) could be a good bet but he's more of a quick lube and tire place.
Marbod at Mspeed might be the best bet in this list but he's a bit more exclusive and usually works on high end stuff and dyno work.
Sounds like your buddy has been dealing with a dealer, if they suck he needs to go to a different Yamaha dealer which there are a number of them in the lower mainland.

yes. the OP did say he took it to a dealer. Is why i asked which one. Was not a google search. Was links to shops i know of.
As for International. you are right. i was actually thinking of Imperial Motorcycles.
http://www.imperialmotorcycles.com/

While i know they not Yamaha. The mechanics at Burnaby Kawasaki are top notch. They work on other brands there.

Daytona Motorsports is a Yamaha dealer. They have 2 locations. One in Surrey and one on Vancouver
There is another Yamaha dealer in Port Moody - GA Checkpoint.

Never had a problem with Daytona but others report they have.

even a "non mechanic" guy can do some things... just a few guesses like empty the fuel,, and put in new fresh gas ... new plugs.... that works for almost all seasonal engines.. sounds like putting injector cleaner was along that lines... but may not work here..
does that bike have check engine light,, that tells of problems like throttle position sensor error..
even having a clue about the workings helps talk to a mechanic to point to the problem...

good luck
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/57-g...elp-big-problem-06-throttle-does-nothing.html

sorry... I guess I should explain "not very technical" ... it means he's not an complete idiot... just not good on the tools/has no desire to work on it himself. He is a busy guy and just can't/doesn't want to devote what little free time he gets in that direction. He just wasn't having luck/ not happy with the shop he took his bike to and I said I would ask here as I knew the are some (ex) west coasters on here that may be able to suggest a reputable shop...

Edit : The shop/dealer he took it to was Daytona Sports

Last edited:
takes about 15 minutes to change the gas
maybe something living in the airbox or it's clogged

If he has a power commander, remove it

(TPS, throttle position sensor)...check for recalls

No power commander on his bike.... Been leaning towards the TPMS but again... Im here in Toronto and he lives in Vancouver so I can't fix his bike for him like we used to.... hence looking for reputable and competent shops for him.... I know we have a few members that live in or are from Van and was hoping to get their recommendations.... not really for the trouble shooting (appreciated but not needed at this time)

Im here in Toronto and he lives in Vancouver so I can't fix his bike for him like we used to.... hence looking for reputable and competent shops for him.... I know we have a few members that live in or are from Van and was hoping to get their recommendations.... not really for the trouble shooting (appreciated but not needed at this time)

LOL.
<tap> <tap><tap>
this thing on?

Check the kickstand switch. Had a friend who's switch got ****ed up and his bike turned off on him mid ride. He couldn't get it into gear w/o the engine cutting out after. It was the switch.

Can anyone recommend any good bike repair or performance shops in Vancouver.
My buddy is having idle/throttle problems. He has taken it to a dealer type place twice to try and fix it.
All they have done is run injector cleaner through it twice (which didn't fix anything)

Nick King, Kelowna Yamaha. I know it's not Vancouver. He won the Yamaha Canadian Tech Grand Prix in 2014.

Kelowna to Van is 5hrs each way, your not kidding its not Van. Maybe ship it back to Japan?

Kelowna to Van is 5hrs each way, your not kidding its not Van. Maybe ship it back to Japan?

For one of the best technicians in the country?... maybe it's worth looking into, maybe not. I guess he can keep letting other shops throwing parts at it until they find it, or keep searching for a tech closer that can diagnose the problem for him.

Not making a debate out of this, but its a Yamaha R6, not a 6cyl GP bike of which only three were produced in the entire world. If you couldn't get that sorted at pretty much any dealership that services Yamaha, that's a really telling state of the industry, Yamaha tech support and quality of service available since he started out at a dealer.
Keep throwing parts at it until its fixed..... sadly your right.

There's also a couple of guys at Holeshot he can talk to: Greg or Marcus.

I don't think it says anything about the industry, but the first person who diagnosed the bike should have been more thorough. It happens. Unfortunately not every technician has the same background, training and supervision to encourage the best work practices. I expect that would be true of most industries.

as for getting the bike from Vancouver to Kelowna. good luck with that. It is 5 hrs one way in good weather. This time of year the mountain passes deep with snow.
This is what the Coquilhalla highway ( highway 5 "Highway Thru Hell" ) looks like today
dYNO2wTl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom