Powder Coating Engine Cases | GTAMotorcycle.com

Powder Coating Engine Cases

Mike-the-Bike

I bought a 1982 GPz750 in the fall.

It's looks rough but the engine only has 14k miles. I cleaned out the carbs and gas tank and it runs like a top. I did a leak down test and the top end seems really good. The only problem is that it does have the 2nd gear problem that needs to be fixed so it means splitting the motor.

The crank cases have some corrosion beginning to show through, particularly at the front and back where all the crap from the wheels was hitting, so while they are split I was thinking about having them powder coated.

I've tried a number of places and a few forum members and they are either not interested as the masking is something that they don't want to do or they just didn't respond. Chassis parts like the frame and wheels is not a problem.

Any suggestions? I'm in Trenton but my in-laws are in Scarborough so I'm there at least once every 2 weeks.

Mods, feel free to move if this is in the wrong section.

TIA

Call mike at Brightside coatings.

I used to help him run the shop. Top notch quality.

416-570-8893
brightsidecoatings.com

Thanks. I did try Flashfire and they were a little hesitant because of all the masking. I'll give Brightside a call.

I just visited Mike a little while ago to say hi

He had an entire cb750 engine in pieces that was powdered

Lots of masking, his niche ;)

Tell him Rob sent you.

Last edited:
Brightside did a ton of my CT90 parts. Not the engine. But I was happy with the results and Mike's a great guy

Bolting together the upper and lower crankcases and having the cylinder head on and having the crankcase covers in place, even if there is nothing inside, might save a ton of masking and stop powder from getting into places that it shouldn't.

Another +1 for Brightside. They did the motor for the last RD LC I did. Very nice job. It must have been a long time ago as they were still in Whitby

P.B. Powdercoat
If you don't mind shipping, he does all types of bike parts.
He's been doing this even before people knew anything about electrostatique paint... ;)

His name is Pierre - 514-953-5265
4435 Avenue Thibault
Saint-Hubert, Québec
J3Y-7N1

Just let him know Alex referred you.

Cheers

Message johnnyp636
He runs a powdercoat shop does he not?

Back
Top Bottom