Anybody crashed with mesh gloves? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody crashed with mesh gloves?

stickman88

I'm looking at a pair of mesh gloves more specifically the icon anthem gloves. I know with comfort you sacrifice safety. The glove is basically just a normal glove with leather palm and d30 inserts for the knuckle. It's very low profile with no other safety features. Just want to hear people's opinions about gloves. I'm interested in maybe something like this but I can't wrap my head around it if somebody was to go down with these gloves. Any experience?

I wouldn't bother. Essentially no protection. I also don't see any grippy surfaces on the palm to help grab hold of the throttle. That can get quite tiring squeezing a bit harder than normal to maintain throttle. Get a pair of the Scorpion SGS short-cuff gloves - or something like them.

Ville Motogear is working on a short glove. Might be something to look into. From what I remember they are perforated and very reasonably priced. Ville Motogear is local to Toronto and the site as well.

I'm with unL33T, I'd think gloves would have the least impact on body heat. Even in the heat of summer I wear full gauntlet leathers with my mesh/textile jacket.

Those anthem icon gloves look like mechanic gloves, really really basic. If it's all you can afford then I suppose they're better than nothing. However; icon seems to have short gloves with better protection than those you mention.

You don't have to sacrifice safety for comfort, you have to sacrifice money for the right gear for the occasion ;)

Yeh thanks guys. I own a couple gloves both short and gauntlet with tons of inserts, hard knuckle protectors, etc but maybe wanted to try something new. Something maybe for like short trips but once again anything can happen at anytime. I also did like the design of some of the icon gloves that's another reason why lol not gonna lie.

Ville Motogear is working on a short glove. Might be something to look into. From what I remember they are perforated and very reasonably priced. Ville Motogear is local to Toronto and the site as well.

Thanks for the plug sir. :D BTW our shorty is in the final stage of production and will be in stock late next week. 2oz to 2.5oz cowhide so it's a tiny bit lighter than your traditional race-inspired glove (typically 2.5-2.75oz) while remaining very strong. Plus if flows a ton of air through the perfed thumb and finger sidewalls.

If y'all are going to the Toronto motorcycle shows, Paul and the fine peeps at the GTAM booth will be distributing VMG discount cards (good for 20% off) and some keychains, starting with the January show.
an_light.gif

I actually just bought those Icon Anthem Blender gloves on Black Friday for like $12 from fortnine. I bought them for when I'm offroad on the bike or the atv.

Pretty solid build quality from what I can tell. For short trips around town they would be fine.

Though I also own the Icon Overlord Resistance gloves, which also are pretty light gloves with a bit more protection, just like 6x the price.

Am I blind or do those Icon Blender gloves not have any kind of wrist strap/closure

Because if they don't, you might as well not wear gloves at all, they could ride up and either come off entirely or just let you skate on your palms

Am I blind or do those Icon Blender gloves not have any kind of wrist strap/closure

Because if they don't, you might as well not wear gloves at all, they could ride up and either come off entirely or just let you skate on your palms

I'm interested to know how you think people act in a crash. You put you hand out in front of you, and your gloves would be pulled down towards your arm. I don't know about you, but I try not to nose dive into the ground and let me hand drag the ground behind me.

I'm interested to know how you think people act in a crash. You put you hand out in front of you, and your gloves would be pulled down towards your arm. I don't know about you, but I try not to nose dive into the ground and let me hand drag the ground behind me.
I've gone down hands first. Cheap glove ripped and went up to my elbow inside out. Most people don't act in a crash, they just get tossed around.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I've gone down hands first. Cheap glove ripped and went up to my elbow inside out. Most people don't act in a crash, they just get tossed around.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

That I could see. I don't get how they would just fly off, though.

Those icon gloves look a lot like mx gloves and I usually won't where those on the street. If I'm cruising around and trying to avoid the power ranger look I wear the alpinestars smx air glove which is mesh. Comfortable, light and breathes well. Haven't crashed in them but feel like they would do an okay job.

I actually just bought those Icon Anthem Blender gloves on Black Friday for like $12 from fortnine. I bought them for when I'm offroad on the bike or the atv.

Pretty solid build quality from what I can tell. For short trips around town they would be fine.

Though I also own the Icon Overlord Resistance gloves, which also are pretty light gloves with a bit more protection, just like 6x the price.

wow $12 .. what a steal.

If you have that much control over the situation, you should just simply choose not to crash

Back
Top Bottom