Trans-Lab 2017 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trans-Lab 2017

Here's a rough itinerary - emphasis is on planning up to the ferry ride back to the mainland, because those have to be booked in advance. Everything else is flexible.

Day 1: Toronto to Quebec City KOA (781 kms)
Day 2: to Baie Comeau (camp at Manic 2) (436 kms)
Day 3: to Lab City (582 kms)
Day 4: to Happy Valley Goose Bay (530 kms)
Day 5: to Port Hope Simpson (405 kms)
Day 6: to L'Anse aux Meadows (ferry to NL) (355 kms)
Day 7: to Gros Morne National Park (314 kms)
Day 8-10: camping/hiking - no riding
Day 11: to Corner Brook (172 kms)
Day 12: to Cabot Shores, NS (Cabot Trail) (ferry to mainland 5-7 hrs, departs in am) (309 kms)
Day 13: camping/hiking, no riding
Day 14: to Meat Cove (camping at top of Cabot Trail) (88 kms)
Day 15: to Inverness Beach Village Campground (other side of Cabot Trail) (130 kms)
Day 16: to somewhere on the east side of PEI
Day 17: to somewhere on the west side of PEI
Day 18: Gaspe Peninsula day 1
Day 19: Gaspe Peninsula day 2
Day 20: Gaspe Peninsula day 3
Day 21: to Quebec City KOA
Day 22: to home.

Give me a shout when you get to the PEI part of this route! I'll send you a PM

With a heavy heart I report this for those following oomis' trip. I understand oomis was airlifted to St John's for surgeries. :cry:
http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4239192

Just off the phone with Omar a few moments ago.
I'm sad to report that his injuries are pretty severe and there's a distinct possibility he may lose a leg. Doctors have already informed him that he can expect a minimum 2 year recovery time.

Linda, his wife, was following and didn't manage to avoid the oncoming car. She lost her life on impact.

Omg! My heart goes out to him!

Insert expletives here.

Was he on the 1200GS?? They've been getting some heavy rain in the area... :(

I'm sad to report that his injuries are pretty severe and there's a distinct possibility he may lose a leg. Doctors have already informed him that he can expect a minimum 2 year recovery time.

Linda, his wife, was following and didn't manage to avoid the oncoming car. She lost her life on impact.

Words fail.. three bikes anyone know about the third rider ?

route-430-motorcycle-crash-fatal.JPG

Wonder if the bike shown here was not involved :(

Last edited:

If there is anything that can be done to help, please let us know BED.

Wow that's just well - I know this site won't let me use the words I want in this case. My condolences to oomis on the loss of wife and I hope he dosen't lose the leg. Just a real crappy blow any way you look at it.

After my father and a close friend died a while back (separately both non mc related) I started using a phrase that's still with me and this kind of news just reinforces it
"life is short eat the desert first"

This news makes me all the more eager to get the new bike for the Squeeze and I. None of us knows how much more time we have might as well enjoy it while we can.

yup

old age is whittling my time down ....but then I see some riders in their 80s and get out there.

••••

Some Stromtroopers would like to send a card.....Oomis was a former strom rider ...has anyone got an address or email.

Heart breaking news.

via Tapatalk

Go to Woody's Point, spend a few days in Gros Morne......its a beautiful place! If you go to St. Johns check out Signal Hill and Cape Spear.

A message from oomis on Facebook

I don't know how to do this.
I don't want to do this.
But there was a terrible crash, and Linda, the love of my life, was taken from me in an instant.
My body is broken, but I will eventually heal. Linda will never get that chance.
The doctors have done their best to stitch my legs back together, and to repair a horrible explosion in my elbow. With some luck, I can be transferred back to Toronto soon and for what will be a long recovery.
Arrangements will be made for a service for Linda as soon as I can get back to Toronto. Please understand that I can't respond to every outreach for information or requests to help. I know that we are in all your thoughts. Some people have agreed to act as point people for information and their names will be posted here shortly.
Linda was loved by many, respected by all and feared by some. We were doing nothing wrong. There was no reason for this to happen, the northbound driver just drifted into our southbound lane.
I miss her. I love her. She was my greatest champion, my biggest supporter and an endless well of enthusiasm for our spirit of adventure.
Linda would have laughed derisively had I expressed my feelings of responsibility for her on trips like these. This was something that she wanted to do and was angry at me for even considering doing such with out her.
I miss her. Her family misses her. Her children miss her.
I don't know how to end this post, so I will let it go until I have more information to share.
Please share this information because I don't know how far her influence really spread.
I'm so sorry.

Good news!
Omar may be flying home today!
Will update when I have more information.

Back
Top Bottom