ALWAYS fight your tickets!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ALWAYS fight your tickets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say superior? Why are you just being another clown making up your own ****? I said that it alone can make ones road IQ superior to majority of auto drivers, from where do you conclude superior? Its pretty common knowledge that a stick shift requires a lot more input and attention from a driver, it requires a lot more skill to master and for you to actually learn the car.

You can't just pick up a stick shift and drive...you likely won't make it off the lot if you don't know what you're doing. A kid can pick up an auto as was shown a few weeks ago and go for a joyride on the hwy for ****'s sake wanting to play out GTA. There's no question whatsoever that a stick shift in general requires a more attentive and skilled driver. Not to say auto drivers can't be good drivers but as a whole there is much more room for crappy ones who would be weeded out on a stick shift.

As a part of my job I see tons of old people with poor vision that are still able to drive but need a walker or have shot knees and backs. How the **** do you think they perform on the road in general?? They physically wouldn't last driving a stick shift. Last week in a mild snowfall I saw an old lady doing 60km on the hwy while everyone was going 90-100 kms with a deathgrip on the wheel. Those are the people that we really need off our roads but autos let them stay in the game...

Plenty of stick shift drivers with zero tickets...I'm one of them. I drive an auto here in North America and I value my time and money enough to not donate to the government in the form of fines and court time by just being aware of what's going on around me when I'm driving or riding. The nail that sticks up always gets beaten down.

Plenty of stick shift drivers with zero tickets...I'm one of them.

Indeed. I've been driving for 34 years and have never owned an automatic-equipped car. My cars currently include a supercharged Mustang V8 (5-speed) and a WRX STi (6-speed). The closest to an auto I had was in the late 80s; a 1966 Chevelle with a reverse-manual valvebody-equipped Powerglide. Yet despite these "sporty" cars & the FZ8 I have zero moving violations to my name.

LR opined: "I highly doubt you drive not a single km above the speed limit, so you can say the same about yourself. There's no grey area as far as I know, you're either breaking the law or you're not." There is a "grey area"; police are are far less likely to pull someone over for doing 5-10 kph over the limit compared to someone doing 50 kph over the limit. Of course, if you're in a school zone and are 5-10 over the limit you're more likely to be busted than doing so on a 4-lane arterial. Police are far less likely to nab someone travelling the 401 with the flow of traffic at 120kph than someone travelling 170kph through that same traffic.

In the end it's about taking responsibility for ones own actions as well as maturity. Some people simply refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and consider driving within the law as driving/riding like a "pussy." The result is predictable; higher numbers of moving violations than average and a statistically greater chance of collision, single-vehicle or otherwise. People like this are why everyone with a nice bike or car pays more for insurance.

Where did I say superior? Why are you just being another clown making up your own ****? I said that it alone can make ones road IQ superior to majority of auto drivers, from where do you conclude superior? Its pretty common knowledge that a stick shift requires a lot more input and attention from a driver, it requires a lot more skill to master and for you to actually learn the car.

You can't just pick up a stick shift and drive...you likely won't make it off the lot if you don't know what you're doing. A kid can pick up an auto as was shown a few weeks ago and go for a joyride on the hwy for ****'s sake wanting to play out GTA. There's no question whatsoever that a stick shift in general requires a more attentive and skilled driver. Not to say auto drivers can't be good drivers but as a whole there is much more room for crappy ones who would be weeded out on a stick shift.

As a part of my job I see tons of old people with poor vision that are still able to drive but need a walker or have shot knees and backs. How the **** do you think they perform on the road in general?? They physically wouldn't last driving a stick shift. Last week in a mild snowfall I saw an old lady doing 60km on the hwy while everyone was going 90-100 kms with a deathgrip on the wheel. Those are the people that we really need off our roads but autos let them stay in the game...

superiority was implied by your statement, driving a manual car is not that hard took me about 15 min to figure it out at 16 years old then a week or so to get smooth, but IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER DRIVER ON PUBLIC ROADS, you wanna know what does? following the rules, and being predictable, do I always follow the speed limit? no, but I also dont put up long winded posts on public forums telling people how I break the law and get away with it, and then try to argue with everyone that doesn't agree with me.

as far as the clown comment goes, I only see one clown here entertaining the crowd.

superiority was implied by your statement, driving a manual car is not that hard took me about 15 min to figure it out at 16 years old then a week or so to get smooth, but IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER DRIVER ON PUBLIC ROADS, you wanna know what does? following the rules, and being predictable, do I always follow the speed limit? no, but I also dont put up long winded posts on public forums telling people how I break the law and get away with it, and then try to argue with everyone that doesn't agree with me.

as far as the clown comment goes, I only see one clown here entertaining the crowd.

ok...So you admit it took you 15 mins to get a hang of it and a week to get smooth. On an auto in 15 mins a kid was on the hwy going anywhere from 60-120 km/h. Yet you’re still arguing? Are you dumb? After I wrote my G1 I drove 25 kms home at 16 having never driven before, could I have done that on a stick shift…hell no. I really don’t know why its not making it past your thick head. Like I said before with autos we have so many poor drivers on PUBLIC roads that wouldn’t be able to drive if they had a stick shift. So I really don’t see your point, on top of that you admit you don’t always drive the speed limit like you portray with your knight in shining armour attitude so I really don’t know what you’re trying to get at.

Simply put an auto allows for people who are otherwise incompetent to actually make it out on to public roads whereas a stick shift doesn't. How hard is that to comprehend. Just because you drive an auto theres no need to get your panties in a bunch, I'm sure you're a great driver.

Last edited:
ok...So you admit it took you 15 mins to get a hang of it and a week to get smooth. On an auto in 15 mins a kid was on the hwy going anywhere from 60-120 km/h. Yet you’re still arguing? Are you dumb? After I wrote my G1 I drove 25 kms home at 16 having never driven before, could I have done that on a stick shift…hell no. I really don’t know why its not making it past your thick head. Like I said before with autos we have so many poor drivers on PUBLIC roads that wouldn’t be able to drive if they had a stick shift.
sure they would be able to drive, they would just be 15 min further back than the rest, try to keep up, this isn't making you look very good
So I really don’t see your point, on top of that you admit you don’t always drive the speed limit like you portray with your knight in shining armour attitude so I really don’t know what you’re trying to get at.
knight in shining armour????? wow you just make this **** up as you go along huh? LMAO

Simply put an auto allows for people who are otherwise incompetent to actually make it out on to public roads whereas a stick shift doesn't. .

do we need to go through the "15 minutes behind" thing again? you cant be that dumb

I get it now, you just enjoy arguing , my apologies ...carry on with your day

Geez...you actually think an 11 year old who probably has no concept of a clutch and how it works especially with 95% of the cars on the road nowadays being auto would just be able to take the car out in the middle of night and make it out on to the highway. If you TRULY do believe that, I'm sorry my friend you're just stupid beyond stupid.

How did automatic vs manual transmission become the difference between a good driver and a bad one. Yes manual takes more dexterity and longer to get the hang of, but it doesn't make one a better or worse driver. It's the driver's attitude. For the record, I can drive both and most of my tickets have been on the bike.

How did automatic vs manual transmission become the difference between a good driver and a bad one. Yes manual takes more dexterity and longer to get the hang of, but it doesn't make one a better or worse driver. It's the driver's attitude. For the record, I can drive both and most of my tickets have been on the bike.

ye thats nice dude, but 11 year olds.......would someone please think of the 11 year olds

.... Changed my mind, don't want to get involved... >.>

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by unfaZed

You don't have to be a prolific speeder to see that we have big problems with speed enforcement being predatory here rather than making safety the principle goal.

^^^ This! 100%.

It's not about safety at all. If it was they'd be pulling over people for doing much more dangerous things than speeding, or what the cops do most to meet their "quotas" (and yes they need to meet numbers. I worked for PRP for many years and I know this for a fact) expired val-tags infractions. But I'm blinded by the person driving the otherway with their highbeams on, and that guy just did a U-turn and almost caused a pile up, or that guy driving at night or in inclement weather with no headlights on etc etc etc.

No no..."speed kills" apparently. I've worked in Emergency Services for almost 10 years now and it's not the biggest factor at all. It's just the easiest to write the ticket for and to convict.

I fought a ticket once and when I tried to show the crown I didn't get full disclosure he told me "I have a button at my desk here. I push it all day long and I get convictions. That's how this works."
:rolleyes:

actually, totally irrelevant if not ridiculous, cos in addition, there is

If you feel this way, don't reproduce. That way those of us capable of critically evaluating laws and enforcement practices will be safe from oppression by those who are incapable.
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by unfaZed

You don't have to be a prolific speeder to see that we have big problems with speed enforcement being predatory here rather than making safety the principle goal.

</body>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom