2017 RACE schedule | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 RACE schedule

That's a silly rule.
I totally agree. Just stating the facts. The SOAR Top Rookie from 2016 was on a Gen1 GSX-R1000.

Luke Bauer's Fast Co CBR1000RR is lost era legal.
Half the grid is Lost Era legal at this point. It's AM600 B.

Lost Era should be 1992-2002 as far as I am concerned. Then of course you would have people complaining about 2003+ cant win them all
Cap it at 2002, or cap it to carbs only. However the class will definitely take a hit if that happens.

I totally agree. Just stating the facts. The SOAR Top Rookie from 2016 was on a Gen1 GSX-R1000.

Half the grid is Lost Era legal at this point. It's AM600 B.

Cap it at 2002, or cap it to carbs only. However the class will definitely take a hit if that happens.
Well, the 99 R6 becomes vintage legal in 2 years. Sooooo vintage would need to be capped as well. Vintage/lost era/am600B

Yikew

I think I should be able to run the pace of AM SBK.
Having been around a few tracks and taught a for few schools[6] and dealt with many fast track day riders. Here in lies the problem. I have seen "MANY" fast track day riders. But throw them in and around other riders and they freak out, freeze up or drop 10 seconds. So the problem is not how fast you are when it comes to racing,,but how you deal with others. Track day riders have restricted passing rules. You can see this come into play when most track day riders take up racing. So, I will tell you what I look for,,"If I was that "Choosen Individual" Your respect in pit lane/out/entry for other riders,how you take the blend line, how you pass or don't pass fellow riders, how you react when you get passed,how you respect that fellow rider when you do pass, and your bike set up and appearance. Soooo,, fast times mean nothing to me,,how you ride with others is most important. The biggest pack of riders I raced with was 13,, 13 riders dicing for first place,two of those riders were Tommy and Nickey Hayden,,so 13 riders for 7 laps and nobody took anybody out,,and if you think that was follow the leader,,well in the last two corners to the finish line I went from 13th to first to 13th. With 13 riders dicing it out we were not going fast,,so speed is really irrelevant. How you ride with others is paramount!

Having been around a few tracks and taught a for few schools[6] and dealt with many fast track day riders. Here in lies the problem. I have seen "MANY" fast track day riders. But throw them in and around other riders and they freak out, freeze up or drop 10 seconds. So the problem is not how fast you are when it comes to racing,,but how you deal with others. Track day riders have restricted passing rules. You can see this come into play when most track day riders take up racing. So, I will tell you what I look for,,"If I was that "Choosen Individual" Your respect in pit lane/out/entry for other riders,how you take the blend line, how you pass or don't pass fellow riders, how you react when you get passed,how you respect that fellow rider when you do pass, and your bike set up and appearance. Soooo,, fast times mean nothing to me,,how you ride with others is most important. The biggest pack of riders I raced with was 13,, 13 riders dicing for first place,two of those riders were Tommy and Nickey Hayden,,so 13 riders for 7 laps and nobody took anybody out,,and if you think that was follow the leader,,well in the last two corners to the finish line I went from 13th to first to 13th. With 13 riders dicing it out we were not going fast,,so speed is really irrelevant. How you ride with others is paramount!

I understand everyone's concerns with safety and respect for other riders and those are big concerns for me too, they've always been since I started riding. I have plenty of experience as a track day rider in the last 7 years and I've been able to ride well in the red group. Some of the red group riders are actual amateur racers so their moves and passes won't be entirely new to me.

Here's me making and appearance on another Red group rider at mosport at the 10:08 mark, which led to a series of passes back and forth continuing into the next session too:

[video=youtube;ut-_jGQeBhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-_jGQeBhI [/video]

Last edited:
Here's is the same rider chasing me from pit lane as we pass all the riders in front in the red group throughout the session, some of the riders we pass are amateur racers:

[video=youtube;qoPY2IijBas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPY2IijBas[/video]

There are plenty of passes in both videos and some are more aggressive than others, so I'm not entirely new to this. I will start my first race in novice to feel more comfortable in the grid with starting from a dead stop and if I feel good I'll participate in the amateur races as well.

You'll need to go quite a bit quicker than that to win an AM race but all the basics are there. You won't know until you try.

I understand everyone's concerns with safety and respect for other riders and those are big concerns for me too, they've always been since I started riding. I have plenty of experience as a track day rider in the last 7 years and I've been able to ride well in the red group. Some of the red group riders are actual amateur racers so their moves and passes won't be entirely new to me.

Here's me making and appearance on another Red group rider at mosport at the 10:08 mark, which led to a series of passes back and forth continuing into the next session too:

[video=youtube;ut-_jGQeBhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-_jGQeBhI [/video]

You will do fine. We all look forward to meeting you. We are also all here to help in any way.

I have never been passed or pass anyone or ride during a track day like I do in a race - measuring yourself against amateur racers during a track day might not be an accurate situation.

That being said, My second track day ever was a rookie race with 26 other guys fighting for turn 1 - there is nothing like that so go for it, if you get a license it means the instructor judge you are safe enough to be out there.

At least you are not afraid of mosport like some racers are ;)

Good luck and have a blast.
Here's is the same rider chasing me from pit lane as we pass all the riders in front in the red group throughout the session, some of the riders we pass are amateur racers:

[video=youtube;qoPY2IijBas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPY2IijBas[/video]

There are plenty of passes in both videos and some are more aggressive than others, so I'm not entirely new to this. I will start my first race in novice to feel more comfortable in the grid with starting from a dead stop and if I feel good I'll participate in the amateur races as well.

You will do fine. We all look forward to meeting you. We are also all here to help in any way.

Thanks bakaboy and others, I look forward to joining you guys as well, probably have already met some of you at trackdays, just don't know your handles. Been wanting to race for a while, but haven't been able to with all the other commitments. Now I live in Belleville 15 mins away from the track and have the weekends off, so this should make things easier.

Thanks bakaboy and others, I look forward to joining you guys as well, probably have already met some of you at trackdays, just don't know your handles. Been wanting to race for a while, but haven't been able to with all the other commitments. Now I live in Belleville 15 mins away from the track and have the weekends off, so this should make things easier.
Did you do some red dawn days at TMP? I think I recognize the bike.

I agree with bakaboy. You have nothing to worry about. I would say you are certainly ready to run in the National Series A.KA. CSBK.

Your lap times weren't bad in fact they were consistent during the battle and with traffic in the first video.

1:32.85
1:32.37

Second video

The times were between 1:30 and 1:33.

I will say listen to John Bickle and welcome to the club.

I think this is you in the beginning of this video and at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDUTzPmPLE&t=491s

This is your handle on youtube SuzukiGSXXXRRR

Last edited:
Did you do some red dawn days at TMP? I think I recognize the bike.

Yeah I did a couple, 2014 on a 2003 GSXR600 black and silver OEM fairings, and 2015 on the current bike. I think you did the tech on that super foggy morning in 2015

I agree with bakaboy. You have nothing to worry about. I would say you are certainly ready to run in the National Series A.KA. CSBK.

Your lap times weren't bad in fact they were consistent during the battle and with traffic in the first video.

1:32.85
1:32.37

Second video

The times were between 1:30 and 1:33.

I will say listen to John Bickle and welcome to the club.

I think this is you in the beginning of this video and at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDUTzPmPLE&t=491s

This is your handle on youtube SuzukiGSXXXRRR

Yeah that's me before I put the track track fairings and full akra on the bike, are you Richard on the ZX6R? I think I have some room for improvement at mosport, I've only been there 3 times in the last 2 seasons and the videos above are from the last time. I need to learn the track better, and because of the suspension issues I went through 2 rear tires in 7 sessions that day. You can see that I have a white rear rim in the first video and a black rear rim with another tire in the second video. In the first video you can even see how bad my rear tire is wearing on the left side when the other rider gets close to me at turn 1 and how my tail wiggles as soon as I get on the gas coming out of corners.

I put some 1:33s on a trial session with the Pro 6 S1000RR, a bike that I had never ridden before and wasn't comfortable on, so I think I have some room for improvement there with a better suspension set up.

Are any of you guys racing with a Suomy helmet? I have 2 Suomy helmets, one is Apex(prod. year 2013) the other is SR Sport (prod. date 2014) both have a DOT sticker but I do not see any ECE or Snell logos on either one, does this mean I can't use them for RACE at Shannonville?

I bought them both from GP bikes and all their website mentions is "Performance verified and certified by ADVANSA"

http://gpbikes.com/suomy-sr-sport-racing-matte-helmet.html

Never mind they are both ECE 22 approved for Italy, they have an E3 barcode on the chinstrap. I'm used to seeing the sticker on the back next to the DOT. Looking forward to racing with everyone in 2 weeks, still have to do all the drilling and safety wiring...

Back
Top Bottom