Washer And Dryers... Any still reliable and able to last a decade? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Washer And Dryers... Any still reliable and able to last a decade?

x2. Oshawa Appliance Parts (for one example) can get just about any part you could imagine or need, and you don't need to be a dealer or service technician to buy stuff there. I've done various repairs over the years to both washers and driers (as well as dishwashers) and they've had (or been able to get on short notice) any part I've ever needed so long as you have a make and model number.

They even helped me out with some water valve actuators when I was repairing a vending machine one time - they couldn't source the exact parts since they were discontinued, but they were able to just walk into the back and carry out the almost exact equivalent which did the job perfectly.

I'll let my Dad know about that place then...all I know is he told me he had checked online and contacted a few places, and was told parts couldn't be ordered unless you were an LG-licensed technician. If this place can get him what he needs, it would be perfect. Essentially some internal gasket or seal has failed near some sort of pump/valve, as it works fine but if you turn the water off it leaks all over the floor (so you have to turn it off at the pipe/source after every use). Typical case of likely a $5 part and a $500 repair.

Back
Top Bottom