Any golfers out there? You'll appreciate this set up | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any golfers out there? You'll appreciate this set up

wolfer001

For fellow riders and golfers, I am sure you will appreciate the bike setup in this picture

attachment.php

EDIT: I should mention I am joking, this is obviously a terrible way to ride and he is asking for some serious accident.

BUT, I AM curious how you ride to go golfing? (clubs storage, stuff a backpack, rack, etc.)

Genuinely interested as I have had the problem when not a member somewhere, and I'm working on school project and gathering the data in a
quick survey. I will share the results, especially the creative ones!
https://goo.gl/forms/6M0UlMA5ShjFIpoM2

Attachments

• motorcycle clubs and stogie.jpg
    motorcycle clubs and stogie.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I work at the Hockley Resort golf course and have seen just one person arrive on a bike with clubs in the five years I have worked there.

This fellow had fabricated a stand out of one of those motorcycle trailer hitch attachments. Instead of the hitch ball, he had installed a flat plate with a raised border. The bag stood upright on the plate and there were a couple of tie down loops that he used to hold the bag down on bumpy roads. The top of the bag was attached to a cargo rack mounted behind the passenger seat. This kept the bag upright and kept it from moving around while riding.

I wish I had taken a photo of this set-up because it was so ingenious. If he ever returns I'll be sure to get a photo.

Nice! I worked at Baxter Creek for a number of years and had seen a 3-wheeler once with some type of rack but never a bag on 2 wheels.

After searching there seems to be a company that does a rack for the back of the bike similar to what you mentioned. And have also found some people strapping the smaller moonbags to the side of the bike.

I have stuck a PW, 56 and putter in a backpack, secure tied the zippers together and used that on a bicycle which worked for what I needed, but never at speed on real bike.

Also, I find it can get annoying having to change in and out of riding gear before a round, especially when most of the time I play I am running late anyway

A friend who golfs & rides showed me a pic of this. I don't golf, so have no idea how it rides.

[video=youtube;ut_ENGjvIh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_ENGjvIh4[/video]

Very cool, I thought there must be some custom bags out there.
Wonder how the install and visual would look on a sport bike though.

Also, just looked into it and they are not producing them anymore

Also, just looked into it and they are not producing them anymore

Well, the video did show a warehouse full of unsold boxes. Find out who the receiver is and you may get one for 20c on the $, Lol.

Their facebook page says they had a warehouse fire and that they are having trouble with their Chinese manufacturers to get more. That was in 2013. Might have to call them up and help get some more in the market!

Hmm. A company founded solely on golf club carriers for motorcycles. No idea why they went under, sounds like a recipe for success to me.
How many did we build?
How many did we sell?
2, one was to your mother.
Time for a "warehouse fire".

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hmm. A company founded solely on golf club carriers for motorcycles. No idea why they went under, sounds like a recipe for success to me.
How many did we build?
How many did we sell?
2, one was to your mother.
Time for a "warehouse fire".

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The fire dept was too close and saved 85% of the inventory, but dont worry the balance was lost in a flood a week later.

I know how to start a fire, how did you start the flood?

A very limited market as from personal experience, Golf and Bikes generally conflict for many reasons including that they take about the same amount of time and effort to enjoy, they are done in the same seasons and cost about the same to partake in.

I only golf a few times a year now, usually with my sons, friends or for business, but have never had the desire to ride my bike to the course unless the bike was my only mode of transportation.

Back
Top Bottom