Synthetic Rotella, 18.9l Pail, On Sale at CT | GTAMotorcycle.com

Synthetic Rotella, 18.9l Pail, On Sale at CT

ReSTored

CT has the 18.9l pail on sale for $100 net. Can't remember seeing a lower price for this, pretty good value.

It's $125. I checked 2 stores today. Also 99cent household leds as posted bogusly elsewhere are not reality. Bad infotainment.

It didn't seem that way to me. Maybe they're playing head games?

Seems its $99 after a $25.00 mail in rebate at CT. Sounds good to me.

Yes, that's why I wrote "$100 net" in my first post. There is a mail in rebate. Check the flyer.

Bad infotainment.

Yes, of course. I really have nothing better to do with my time than post bogus savings tips............

Yes, of course. I really have nothing better to do with my time than post bogus savings tips............

OK, I'll let it go this time. I may be partially to blame anyway.

Sorry for the noob question but how do you pour it into your engine out of such a big pail without spilling? With the 5L can I can hold the can in one hand while holding the funnel with the other hand which you obviously can't do with a pail.

Sorry for the noob question but how do you pour it into your engine out of such a big pail without spilling? With the 5L can I can hold the can in one hand while holding the funnel with the other hand which you obviously can't do with a pail.

Use a measuring cup(dont bake with it again)

most motorcycles dont use a lot of oil, in addition to making it a simple process, you can measure exactly how much you need to put in your bike.

You don't pour from big pail to engine. I have a graduated measuring container which I fill to the required amount. Then to engine. I fabricated a domestic water tap thingy which hose clamps to the pail spout. And a tilting V shaped plywood pail holder. As you can see, not for the faint of heart. Always wait for the big pail sale. Oil changes are cheap and plentiful.

I have a bunch of empty containers that I fill from the drum, then refill the drum with waste oil over time.

Just picked one up today. Filed online for the rebate.

I still have a pail of the rotella T from a previous sale. I have enough oil to last me the next few years...

Iirc there is a hose -pump- thingy at PA for that purpose.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Synthetic Rotella T6 ( 0 -40 or 5- 40 ) is on sale at Crappy Tire for $100 after rebate for 18.9L.
Non synthetic Rotella T5 ( 15-40 ) is regularly priced $79.95 at Crappy Tire for 18.9L.

I have a few 5l and 1gal. empty and clean Rotella containers around from pre pail days. I decant from the pail into the smaller container and then pour back any excess as I need exactly 3.4l for an oil and filter change. Decanting into a few clean jugs you might have lying around minimizes handling of the heavy pail. When you get down to having enough for about 2 oil changes start watching the CT flyers for a sale.

I think I paid $68 for my non-synthetic 15w-40 Rotella, but I recently saw it going for $60 a pail at CT, a great deal. Best US price I've seen for the pail was $54 which with currency translation is actually more than the CAN $60 cost.

Last edited:

Funnel? Pour into smaller container? Fluid transfer pump? Same way you get a smaller amount of liquid into anything? lol

Back
Top Bottom