DRZ-s 400 - what would be a good deal for... | GTAMotorcycle.com

DRZ-s 400 - what would be a good deal for...

boyoboy

I really like the DRZ 400 dual sport bike. Thinking of retiring my gs500 beater for a drz400. Would be my new commuter bike and gnarly offroad trail exploring bike way up north once in awhile.

My question is what would be a good deal (price) for a 2-3 year old bike with less than 10,000 kms on it. Im finding this bike to be expensive. not sure I want to spend so much.

They hold their value quite well. Don't be afraid to pick up a low mileage bike a few years older, they haven't changed. I find $3500 to be bottom dollar for a decent drz.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

What Iceman said - $3500 to 4k seems to be the going price for one in good nick.

I really like the DRZ 400 dual sport bike. Thinking of retiring my gs500 beater for a drz400. Would be my new commuter bike and gnarly offroad trail exploring bike way up north once in awhile.

My question is what would be a good deal (price) for a 2-3 year old bike with less than 10,000 kms on it. Im finding this bike to be expensive. not sure I want to spend so much.

Keep in mind if its 'way up north' and you dont have a trailer/pick up truck

you might be better off looking for something else than drz400

Pretty sure boyoboy has been around awhile, not his first bike. Probably knows what's he's up to.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your responses. I find the decent drz's somewhat higher priced than I expected. 3500-4000 seems to be the agreed upon range for a decent one. Imagine that...agreement on the gta forum lol. Going to give this some more thought. ty

Thanks everyone for your responses. I find the decent drz's somewhat higher priced than I expected. 3500-4000 seems to be the agreed upon range for a decent one. Imagine that...agreement on the gta forum lol. Going to give this some more thought. ty

sounds about right

Will you be getting a second set of wheels? Commuter and gnarly trail bike isn't going to work with just one set...

Will you be getting a second set of wheels? Commuter and gnarly trail bike isn't going to work with just one set...

Works fine. I did it for a couple years. 2013 klx250s with motoz tractionators. DOT knobby that wears well on road (within reason), and as gnarly as you need off-road. As long as the commute isn't 100k each way, or something ridiculous, it'll be fine.

when I say commuter - I should have been clearer, it would be of more of an around town and short trip bike. sm and spare wheels wouldn't be an option, sort of defeats the purpose of having a dual sport. in other words: im way too lazy to be swapping out wheels.

Thinking I might give up street riding altogether. did it before for about 5 years. Been looking at bikes like this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-m...03/1224360512?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

would need them to take an offer around $2000 - $2200 though. if there are no issues. lol. waiting for a reply and tel number from seller.

Last edited:
nice cond yes. but at 13 years old im still a bit sticker price shocked. dang these bikes hold their value.

Its also all the way in sudbury, honestly i cant really tell the condition of that particular bike, there aren't a lot of pictures, no real close ups, or great lighting

I've basically given up on the smaller dual sports (250-400), there are so far and few in between that the prices are higher than id like. Sad part is at 3800 that bike is about what a drz for that year would go for

Id be way happier with a klr/dr650/xr650L

Its also all the way in sudbury, honestly i cant really tell the condition of that particular bike, there aren't a lot of pictures, no real close ups, or great lighting

I've basically given up on the smaller dual sports (250-400), there are so far and few in between that the prices are higher than id like. Sad part is at 3800 that bike is about what a drz for that year would go for

Id be way happier with a klr/dr650/xr650L

^ yeh, been batting around the idea of an XR650L...

I have a 2007 DRZ400SM in great condition with 17,000km for sale. I have two SM's so getting rid of one.

The one I am keeping is modded to the moon and back and selling my mostly stock bike. (Has a tail tidy, zeta xc hand guard flashers (deletes the ugly stock signals).

Last edited:
Works fine. I did it for a couple years. 2013 klx250s with motoz tractionators. DOT knobby that wears well on road (within reason), and as gnarly as you need off-road. As long as the commute isn't 100k each way, or something ridiculous, it'll be fine.

My Motoz Tractionator I/T's on my DRZ scream going down the road. Really annoying for daily riding. I will say the bike looks mean af with the Warp9's and the Motoz on, which helps deal with the noise.

I have a 2007 DRZ400SM in great condition with 17,000km for sale. I have two SM's so getting rid of one.

The one I am keeping is modded to the moon and back and selling my mostly stock bike. (Has a tail tidy, zeta xc hand guard flashers (deletes the ugly stock signals).

two! do you have wheels with the 21" front for the one you are selling?

two! do you have wheels with the 21" front for the one you are selling?

No, sorry, you would need to find dirt wheels. I agree with the above though to start with an sm and just buy dirt wheels. SM has the better forks, and to buy the SM wheels for an S is a lot more.

Bike also has the jd jet kit already done, as well as the adjustable fuel screw, which is a super common mod for the stock carb to improve throttle responsiveness.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom