Csbk 2017 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Csbk 2017

I don't find Calabogie all that tiring. Somewhat, sure, but compared to Shannonville it's an easy day at the track. Shannonville is absolutely draining.

John is correct on many levels. Calabogie, until you have the track down pat with eyes closed, is the most dangerous track there is for a bike. period. and the faster the bike, the more dangerous it is. Grip is great, width great, thats it! with so many blind turns and hills if you get a left and right mixed up, you will hit something. 2-3 days before you should even think about racing there.

Well, that I certainly agree with. I have seen a lot of accidents on the track and been in two myself. Lost the front both times, off the brakes. Bottom of 5 on a cool day and top of 20 where I pulled the front wheel while leaned over deeply.

I don't find Calabogie all that tiring. Somewhat, sure, but compared to Shannonville it's an easy day at the track. Shannonville is absolutely draining.
The big problem is ,,if you have experience,, most go there and assume , like most tracks one maybe two sessions I'll have this figured. Well,,, if you think you are going into 11 and you are going into 5,,,,pack a few extra clothes for the ride. It does not mean that other tracks are NOT a lot of work, Grand Bend and Shannonville can be exhausting. But they are easier to learn. Bogie ,,I figure you need about 70 laps to know the track,, then 70 to learn the track,,then 70 to race the track. That's three days. Now if you have experience and break it down and slow down,, you can progress faster. Learning to link the corners and move with less effort is all part of reducing the exhaustion. But I can say,, having taught 1000's of riders there,, and done more in laps,, that the exit of Temptation and 12 B I could park a crash truck there after lunch. 15,,, can really,really jump up and bite you,,,as well as every other corner. It is an awesome track! and so much fun,,,,, just respect it and go there humbled and you will have a great time and surprise yourself! If you are racing,, flat out best advice you can get,, do at least two Pro 6 track days. Ask for one of their coaches to lead you around for half a day at least. Talk to racers that know the track and what to look for. And leave your lap timer at home!

Yay! Hopefully this means Grand Bend can get a real pit lane, which will benefit all of us down the road. If they invite a SOAR support class and my bike is decent for it (e.g. Lightweight Superbike) I'm in!

Wow..never been to GB, but from what i've heard i don't think it is better then Shanny..i don't know.
Def not worth it to drive up there from the East end..i rather to drive to Bogie instead, but i don't think Bogie is on the calendar for 2017:(

Yay! Hopefully this means Grand Bend can get a real pit lane, which will benefit all of us down the road. If they invite a SOAR support class and my bike is decent for it (e.g. Lightweight Superbike) I'm in!
And a half legit grandstand...and some other things haha

Wow..never been to GB, but from what i've heard i don't think it is better then Shanny..i don't know.
Def not worth it to drive up there from the East end..i rather to drive to Bogie instead, but i don't think Bogie is on the calendar for 2017:(

Arguable. Shannonville layout is arguably better (both tracks have different configurations and some are better than others in both cases), Grand Bend pavement is in better shape, Shannonville has existing pit lane and grandstands, Grand Bend is 3 minutes away from Tim Horton's and grocery store and restaurants and the beach. Both tracks are flat as a pancake. Shannonville has faster corners ... and yet, on my bike, I use second gear a couple times per lap on Shannonville and I'm never below third on a hot lap at Grand Bend. Same sprockets. They're different tracks. Neither are in any way like Calabogie.

But. Calabogie is a great track-day track. VRRA is running two events there. The one this past year, people liked it but it was a crash-fest. Calabogie is dangerous on a modern superbike. And it's a looooong way for EMS if (when?) something bad happens.

Make it a weekend, there have beautiful beaches 5 min from the track - Jay and I will be there, doing what we don't know yet.

Make it a weekend, there have beautiful beaches 5 min from the track - Jay and I will be there, doing what we don't know yet.

Sounds like a plan if you guys go up there with the bikes;)

Arguable. Shannonville layout is arguably better (both tracks have different configurations and some are better than others in both cases), Grand Bend pavement is in better shape, Shannonville has existing pit lane and grandstands, Grand Bend is 3 minutes away from Tim Horton's and grocery store and restaurants and the beach. Both tracks are flat as a pancake. Shannonville has faster corners ... and yet, on my bike, I use second gear a couple times per lap on Shannonville and I'm never below third on a hot lap at Grand Bend. Same sprockets. They're different tracks. Neither are in any way like Calabogie.

But. Calabogie is a great track-day track. VRRA is running two events there. The one this past year, people liked it but it was a crash-fest. Calabogie is dangerous on a modern superbike. And it's a looooong way for EMS if (when?) something bad happens.

Tnks Brian for your valuable feedback on BG track.:glasses8:

Hope they can get rid of the stank from the onion factory at GB for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom