Csbk 2017 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Csbk 2017

Well...you just suck then..... :)
I know... :( sorry....

lol

If Grand Bend happens I can see A LOT of SOAR riders participating for the home advantage of riding the track so often.

GB as apprerently showed interest in improving their facilities to accomodate a bigger venu !
They are asking CSBK on how to be able to have a series with them.

well, first things first - congrats on your sportbike 2nd place overall championship run- AS A FIRST YEAR ROOKIE PRO!
I have no vested interests with csbk. If you want just PM me any rumours you have, and I will spill the beans..lol
Thank you very much boyoboy.. :) A tough season but happy of the end result, especially considering I had back surgery in February !!!

Mmmmm.... that could be an option to get the rumour out there ! ;) :p

What I will mention is that if Shannonville will not be present, then one of the other tracks will be 2x a double header !

** and as far as Bogie is concerned, it seems it's a $$$ issue **

I know... :( sorry....

lol

GB as apprerently showed interest in improving their facilities to accomodate a bigger venu !
They are asking CSBK on how to be able to have a series with them.

Thank you very much boyoboy.. :) A tough season but happy of the end result, especially considering I had back surgery in February !!!

Mmmmm.... that could be an option to get the rumour out there ! ;) :p

What I will mention is that if Shannonville will not be present, then one of the other tracks will be 2x a double header !

** and as far as Bogie is concerned, it seems it's a $$$ issue **

Not having Shannonville on the calendar is just against history...And with the success of Peter renting the track last year, and ALL the spectators who came out. It should remain on the calendar.

Bogie jacked the costs so that CSBK wont pay...so Bogie gets what they want. No motorcycle racing.

... but VRRA is going to Calabogie twice!

With the sheer amount of money and riders that came out last year. It makes sense. The VRRA gets more riders out plain and simple. I remember Ashton being super surprised that they were in the black last year after the bogie rental fee.

With the sheer amount of money and riders that came out last year. It makes sense. The VRRA gets more riders out plain and simple. I remember Ashton being super surprised that they were in the black last year after the bogie rental fee.

VRRA also works Different from CSBK... CSBK Doesn't rent tracks. The promoter (Which is also the track in some cases) pays CSBK to bring their show. At Shannonville last year Peter Derry and Pro6 were the promoters. The track was rented by them. I'm not sure how much they paid to CSBK and I hope that there were enough spectators that Peter and Pro6 at least broke even.
Bogie can make more money renting the track instead of promoting a motorcycle race. It sucks but

Last edited:
Just a side note here. I am privy to quite a bit of information regarding some of this discussion. Unfortunately its not my place to publicly share this. What I can say is 75% plus of what I am reading here is simply wrong some partially wrong some completely wrong.
As stated CSBK doesnt rent the tracks. They require a promoter to first Pay them a four figure sanctioning fee. Then the promoter pays costs (track, ambulance,insurance,marshalls etc) in return they get the gate. Lets just say it takes alot of bums in the seats (that arent there complimentary as many are) to cover the well into five figure promoter costs for an event) Back in the day when people actually came out and spectated (not crew and guests) this model made sense. It doesnt anymore and hasnt for years. There are few venues that can achieve the break even threshold let alone be profitable hense why tracks and promoters keep bailing, these are businesses that have to make money. I suspect you wont see a schedule for a bit yet and when you do it will be small. Once again take what is seen here with a BIG grain of salt. Its bored racer hearsay.

Totally different tracks. I would do GBM no problem, whereas I wouldn't go to Mosport without a seriously quick well sorted bike.

Aren't the two tracks straightaway about the same size? you need a quicker bike even at GB as Mel now has a faster bike than you.

I know what you are saying, I don't think there would be a lot of people though that would jump into a national race no matter which track it was at.

Aren't the two tracks straightaway about the same size? you need a quicker bike even at GB as Mel now has a faster bike than you.

I know what you are saying, I don't think there would be a lot of people though that would jump into a national race no matter which track it was at.

Second national race I ever did with 1 track day prior to the event worth of experience at Mosport.

I really hope you're kidding about the straight lol.

Last edited:
So was Calabogie ???

I would say nearly? I don't think Bogie ever self described themselves as a "Country Club track". Correct me if I am wrong? and you aren't missing much at the vancouver island facility. The track is best described as an excellent Kart track. Short and narrow. The Okanogan facility looks not too bad ..

Calabogie is a first rate facility. Pro 6 provides TD riders an opportunity - they do deserve a big thank you for each and every TD.

As a CSBK fan and spectator my hope is to see them run at shanny and mosport. Why? They are the most spectator friendly tracks where viewing the races is concerned.

:dontknow:[
QUOTE=Brian P;2464974]... but VRRA is going to Calabogie twice![/QUOTE]

The stick-in-the-mud VRRA types did not like Grand Bend. (I think they made up their mind to not like it and nothing could have swayed that preconceived opinion.) A significant number wanted to go to Mt-Tremblant. Go figure that one out; I sure can't. This is from an organization that has run events at St-Eustache (2014), St-Croix (a couple of years ago), and the airport at North Bay (not very many years before that). I suspect some of the issue is that the exec committee in the recent past has members from Ottawa, Quebec, New York state, and Grand Bend is a long haul for them.

Calabogie corner 1 on a modern superbike is a big problem. On a 60 hp bike, not so much. There were a fair number of crashes at Bogie but corner 1 wasn't an issue. The Spoon (15?) did some damage.

The stick-in-the-mud VRRA types did not like Grand Bend. (I think they made up their mind to not like it and nothing could have swayed that preconceived opinion.) A significant number wanted to go to Mt-Tremblant. Go figure that one out; I sure can't. This is from an organization that has run events at St-Eustache (2014), St-Croix (a couple of years ago), and the airport at North Bay (not very many years before that). I suspect some of the issue is that the exec committee in the recent past has members from Ottawa, Quebec, New York state, and Grand Bend is a long haul for them.

Calabogie corner 1 on a modern superbike is a big problem. On a 60 hp bike, not so much. There were a fair number of crashes at Bogie but corner 1 wasn't an issue. The Spoon (15?) did some damage.

Those are some bold accusations there Brian...

As far as Bogie is concearned.

Last year was a combination of lack of practice, hundreds of new riders, and a track that had been oiled....3 times, then rained on. Basically a perfect storm of poor track conditions.

But on modern Superbikes...I could see a few eye opening moments happening.

Apparently there was only one racer at the Calabogie round who didn't do any of the practice days leading up to it.

<raises hand>

(I had work commitments that couldn't be changed ... and I've ridden there before, so it wasn't a problem)

Apparently there was only one racer at the Calabogie round who didn't do any of the practice days leading up to it.

<raises hand>

(I had work commitments that couldn't be changed ... and I've ridden there before, so it wasn't a problem)

I can name 5 racers off the top of my head that had never run bogie before Friday Practice.

Yeah, but only one didn't even get to the track until almost midnight on Friday :)

I think Jason's big crash in T15 was in the endurance race on Friday. Tomas Casas was a couple bikes ahead of me then after the restart, Graeme Jones (Inside Motorcycles - read the article) went down right in front of me. Darn P4F3 bikes!

The configuration of the track wasn't a factor in any of these. Graeme broke his collarbone because he tumbled. I checked up mid-corner and steered inside this and didn't see that part of it. Same thing could have happened anywhere. The good thing about Bogie is that there is plenty of grip, lots of width to work with, and the surface is smooth enough that you can go off-line and it isn't a problem.

Last edited:
BIGGEST problem with Bogie is it's size and corners. Most tracks we run are right hand corners. Bogie, has 8 lefts and 12 rights and many are linked. So as the day wears on you get really tired having lots of fun. There in lies the problem,,as you get tired you get lazy and then you miss the apex,,Temptation and 12B are where this catches a lot of people. PLUS, Shannonville,Grand Bend and Cayuga,St Eustache are for the most part flat and 1 dimensional. Bogie is far from that so you brain has to be engaged ALL the time. If you are not so much in shape this compounds itself. Long and Short,,half a day at Bogie will kick the crap out of you.
Tremblant,,,absolutely NO comment!

Back
Top Bottom