Csbk 2017 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Csbk 2017

I didn't know racers were such princesses.

I didn't know racers were such princesses.

You must me from soar or you like the smell of **** for days. Either way I'll still come out to play. Will I see you there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must me from soar or you like the smell of **** for days. Either way I'll still come out to play. Will I see you there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The onion processing plant has been shut down since last year, I think. Anyway, it's not an issue anymore.

Regardless of whether you like or dislike the track,, it is exciting for the sport. For GB to get a venue they will most likely have to address several things. Like Edmonton. If all goes well the track should be better and this will be great for the sport and most of all Grand Bend will table itself as a Road Course. This will in fact help SOAR and the regional riders will have lap times they can now relate to the CSBK riders. I think this is a win win for all of us. The big player here is the track. They stand to gain the most.They have marketing back ground for IHRA. They have a town that embraces the people. The facility has the ability to be one of the best Events on the schedule.
This could be one of the best things to happen to our sport in a long time.

Regardless of whether you like or dislike the track,, it is exciting for the sport. For GB to get a venue they will most likely have to address several things. Like Edmonton. If all goes well the track should be better and this will be great for the sport and most of all Grand Bend will table itself as a Road Course. This will in fact help SOAR and the regional riders will have lap times they can now relate to the CSBK riders. I think this is a win win for all of us. The big player here is the track. They stand to gain the most.They have marketing back ground for IHRA. They have a town that embraces the people. The facility has the ability to be one of the best Events on the schedule.
This could be one of the best things to happen to our sport in a long time.
What types of things did Edmonton need to fix? Pit lane, grandstand type things like GB? Or safety stuff

What types of things did Edmonton need to fix? Pit lane, grandstand type things like GB? Or safety stuff

I believe that CSBK didn't go back to Edmonton not due to facilities or safety issus but rather that Castrol track lost money and had no interest in having it back. I don't know this as fact but have drawn conclusions from conversations.

I believe that CSBK didn't go back to Edmonton not due to facilities or safety issus but rather that Castrol track lost money and had no interest in having it back. I don't know this as fact but have drawn conclusions from conversations.

if they don't run shanny - it likely will be for the reason above^. csbk wants a near free ride from the hosting track.

edit - as a spectator I would miss the race viewing available at shanny, at grand bend its not so good.
thank goodness for mosport

Last edited:
The storey I got was the track did well, had a good response and wanted another event. But they only did half of the required safety improvements. Which meant to have the second event they needed to finish what they neglected plus what they were required for Part B. They didn't do what they were asked. That was what I was told.

The storey I got was the track did well, had a good response and wanted another event. But they only did half of the required safety improvements. Which meant to have the second event they needed to finish what they neglected plus what they were required for Part B. They didn't do what they were asked. That was what I was told.

Different from conversations on EMRA forum....

Yay! Hopefully this means Grand Bend can get a real pit lane, which will benefit all of us down the road. If they invite a SOAR support class and my bike is decent for it (e.g. Lightweight Superbike) I'm in!

would be nice to see the growing lost era classes added as a support race (sorry brian). as a spectator fan Im happy to see mosport and shanny on the schedule, for their both great viewing tracks. hopefully grand bend steps up proper for the viewing spectators AND the racers - this season's schedule means I get to attend three weekends of racing. yippee

Last edited:
would be nice to see the growing lost era classes added as a support race (sorry brian). as a spectator fan Im happy to see mosport and shanny on the schedule, for their both great viewing tracks. hopefully grand bend steps up proper for the viewing spectators AND the racers - this season's schedule means I get to attend three weekends of racing. yippee

You know St-Eustache is not vey far away to attend ;)... just sayin' :p

You know St-Eustache is not vey far away to attend ;)... just sayin' :p

like.

since im located west of toronto - shanny is my limit for traveling.
are the quebecers running a bike racing series at st-eustache this year? maybe the st-eustache series will attract some ontario racers to race weekend(s) seeing that it is on the csbk schedule.

Last edited:
like.

since im located west of toronto - shanny is my limit for traveling.
are the quebecers running a bike racing series at st-eustache this year? maybe the st-eustache series will attract some ontario racers to race weekend(s) seeing that it is on the csbk schedule.
I'll investigate and get back to you... ;)

Back
Top Bottom