1999 4Runner SR5 V6 Rocker Panels | GTAMotorcycle.com

1999 4Runner SR5 V6 Rocker Panels

MadPoet

I have been looking for Rocker Panels for this car for a while, I do not want to pay $1200 to replace them at a body shop, so I was thinking to replace them myself, and use that money to buy tools :). Does anyone know where can I get rocker Panels from?

Are you talking about the cosmetic plastic trim panels on the outside (which could likely be obtained at a junkyard - although possibly in no better shape than what you have), or the rusted-out metal underneath that plastic trim (that can only properly be fixed by cutting out the bad sections and welding in new metal and painting it properly)?

they seem really hard to find as an aftermarket replacement part. You may have to make them unless you want to order from Toyota.

The rusted out metal that extends from the trim to underneath the car.

they seem really hard to find as an aftermarket replacement part. You may have to make them unless you want to order from Toyota.

It looks like I will have to make it, order from Toyota can get expensive, if I make it it will be one piece, if I order it, then I have to order the entire 6 piece assembly.

Weirdly enough rocker panels from a '91 buick apparently fit 90%, cross canada parts should have a buick aftermarket panel for under $150. If you can borrow/rent a sheet metal brake its pretty straight forward to start forming one.

If you take the door off to fit the rocker, and I would, put it back on and test fit before welding everything up. I've seen a lot of vehicles jacked up that put just enough twist in things that once welded back solid, with the twist/ bow/ bend in place, the door didnt shut. The miracle shrinking cab.....

Back
Top Bottom