FZ-07 Issue | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ-07 Issue

DjSamphard

Hi EVERYBODY!

I am having a lot of issues finding spools for the FZ-07. There are few places in the states that have Frame sliders with built in spools. But I haven't had any luck in Canada. I emailed a few stores in GTA but no one has them.

Any idea where I could purchase them for the front and rear tires of my 2016 FZ-07. Very annoying that Yamaha made such a fantastic bike, but they couldn't use their Fu$*6ng commonsense and put spools on the damn bike.

It really is the small thing that matter sometimes....

What is the diameter you need?

It is a known issue with the FZ07, there are many adapters etc you can buy but they are all pricey

Last edited:
I have no idea... Would I be able to use stands with paddocks if my bike doesn't have spools? I have heard that if i get the aftermarket spools, I will not be able to make adjustments on the chain or work on the tires if needed.

I have no idea... Would I be able to use stands with paddocks if my bike doesn't have spools? I have heard that if i get the aftermarket spools, I will not be able to make adjustments on the chain or work on the tires if needed.

That's correct, you can not remove the tire with the regular spool, you are better off getting stands with Paddocks or you can buy the expensive adapters, Graves have some that you drill to the swing arm.

http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Motorsports-Universal-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Spool-Adapter-Mounts.html

Not a difficult job if you have a little skill .

Yep i was having the same issue with my honda, went to a store in pickering and got venom paddle stands, they work

I had no luck in finding any stores in Canada. I ended up purchasing the Frame Sliders, Rear Axle Sliders, and Fork Sliders from OES Accessories in the US.

Can you slide a metal rod (Home Depot $5-10) through the frame (where rear meets front) pivot?

You can tie the front down to keep the back up...if you need to work on rear.

Sometimes using car jack or axle stands with front pegs does the job too.

check youtube for ideas

Can you slide a metal rod (Home Depot $5-10) through the frame (where rear meets front) pivot?

You can tie the front down to keep the back up...if you need to work on rear.

Sometimes using car jack or axle stands with front pegs does the job too.

check youtube for ideas

Or if you don't want the gheto version, you can get an Abba stand. Blue Streak sells them in Canada.

http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?pid=1

He can't!
I know but wanted him to realize that offering that as a choice is just ridiculous. It's OK to have them if you also have spools somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom