FIM supersport 300 rules - link courtesy of spears racing | GTAMotorcycle.com

FIM supersport 300 rules - link courtesy of spears racing

The 300 class performance will be equalized through different minimum weights and different maximum rev limits. I like this new class of FIM racing. The lower cost of racing will allow smaller performance shops to showcase their work - and for up and coming racers an opportunity to display their talent. I will be watching these races.

John cruiser for prime minister, are you there?

Last edited:
Need to write some rules for RACE 300 Production. Need to see if I can cut and paste a bunch of this rule set and we should be golden...

Need to write some rules for RACE 300 Production. Need to see if I can cut and paste a bunch of this rule set and we should be golden...

Adding a separate 250 class in a two wave start with lwt prod'n would be a good boost to get 250 racers out; and an additional race wouldn't need to be run with a two wave start. and the 250's could still bump up to 300 for a second race. as it is now there is not much incentive to race a low budget 250.

For lwt prod'n - as it stands now 400 fours and liquid cooled 500 twins are not permitted. But run regularly. I don't know if RACE has any desire to update the rule book from 2015-16

what would be your thoughts on this? I think a 250 (four stroke) class would bring more racers out. Timing of the rules is crucial to allow people time to prepare.

Last edited:
Adding a separate 250 class in a two wave start with lwt prod'n would be a good boost to get 250 racers out; and an additional race wouldn't need to be run with a two wave start. and the 250's could still bump up to 300 for a second race. as it is now there is not much incentive to race a low budget 250.

For lwt prod'n - as it stands now 400 fours and liquid cooled 500 twins are not permitted. But run regularly. I don't know if RACE has any desire to update the rule book from 2015-16

what would be your thoughts on this? I think a 250 (four stroke) class would bring more racers out. Timing of the rules is crucial to allow people time to prepare.

There are more 250s to come out? Lite Production had #2, #5 and #8 overall positions as 250s.

I have emailed Chris a few times with regards to this. I will email again.

My idea is to simply switch back to the LightWeight Sportsman Class vs Lwt production.

300 Production and lwt procduction have a ton of 250 and 300 racers out in both classes so there is ALREADY a class for 250s.

This is really going to hurt the CBR500 lol.

I see the RC390 walking away with this class. Unless Yamaha Releases a R3M with better suspension.

I don't know. Most of their tracks will be GP style tracks not Ontario based point and shoot to the next corner. I'm thinking that the screaming twins will be better matched to the single thumper RC390. Too boot, as I read the rulebook the engines can't be modified. Reliability of the RC390 engine is an issue and the only way that the MA 390s are surviving is by changing engine parts to improve their reliability. If the engine must be unmodified from production, how will KTM deal with this?

As for the limits of the R3 suspension, the rules allow for it to be modified. There are already lots of options on the marketplace for the Ninja and R3 and the WSS class will only improve this. Several suspension companies are likely busy making new systems. Which is great for club racers since those same systems must be available on the marketplace for anyone according to the rules.

I don't know. Most of their tracks will be GP style tracks not Ontario based point and shoot to the next corner. I'm thinking that the screaming twins will be better matched to the single thumper RC390. Too boot, as I read the rulebook the engines can't be modified. Reliability of the RC390 engine is an issue and the only way that the MA 390s are surviving is by changing engine parts to improve their reliability. If the engine must be unmodified from production, how will KTM deal with this?

As for the limits of the R3 suspension, the rules allow for it to be modified. There are already lots of options on the marketplace for the Ninja and R3 and the WSS class will only improve this. Several suspension companies are likely busy making new systems. Which is great for club racers since those same systems must be available on the marketplace for anyone according to the rules.

Ktm being KTM, I would think they are going to have a team their bikes will be made in Austria at the factory vs the factory in India...for "reliability issues".

I hope that there is some good trickle downs for the R3...so that maybe in the future my R3 gets the Superbike treatment.

I have emailed Chris a few times with regards to this. I will email again.

My idea is to simply switch back to the LightWeight Sportsman Class vs Lwt production.

300 Production and lwt procduction have a ton of 250 and 300 racers out in both classes so there is ALREADY a class for 250s.

I took a look at the lwt sportsman rules; I like your idea to switch from the lwt prod'n rules to lwt sportsman. makes good sense.
its too bad a 250 class couldn't be added-it wouldn't need to have another race run if it two waved with the lwt sportsman(?) class. I still think it would be the go to budget class and attract riders. a 250 race would be fairer..regardless if talented guys on 250's are embarrassing 300prod'n and lwt sportsman riders.

I took a look at the lwt sportsman rules; I like your idea to switch from the lwt prod'n rules to lwt sportsman. makes good sense.
its too bad a 250 class couldn't be added-it wouldn't need to have another race run if it two waved with the lwt sportsman(?) class. I still think it would be the go to budget class and attract riders. a 250 race would be fairer..regardless if talented guys on 250's are embarrassing 300prod'n and lwt sportsman riders.
I got this email from Chris....there will be a 300 production class AND lwt production or sportsman class.

"Justin, It's most likely that Ltwt Prod will get changed, we have a 300 prod class so having the two of them is a bit repetative. I've only heard from two racers regarding possible rule changes, I'd like to get more input from the masses, but as usual most racers can't be bothered submitting anything. I'll send out a mass e-mail in the new year and see if I get any responses, in the short term I'll begin editing the rulebook."

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I shot Chris an email seconding your idea...and tweaking the 300 Prod. class to allow fork cartridges and quick shifters to be in line with the CSBK bikes.

Back
Top Bottom