Yamaha MT10SP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha MT10SP

If I find myself in the dealer in the spring with cash in hand, I'll almost assuredly go Tuono; you only live once, after all.

But Yamaha's not making the choice any easier with the SP :)

I used to keep multiples. Unfortunately these days it's not justifying the purchase of two bikes, but the insuring of them.

True on insurance, but insurance can be cheap to people via age, record, location. I've met a few enthusiasts recently with 5 and 7 bikes each. I can do the same. We're not alone.

Plus, I'd be interested in what people find for insurance prices of one of these Aprilia vs two Japanese bikes. The difference may not be that much.

Last edited:
it's not an affordability issue. I'm just done paying full pop on each for part time use. FWIW when I had more than one bike, the price differential was never all that much. My Ape is actually rather cheap for me to insure these days. Is that the sign one's getting old?

I used to keep multiples. Unfortunately these days it's not justifying the purchase of two bikes, but the insuring of them.

Insurance is a bugger for sure. One of the benefits of getting older and taking a "set" is getting on a program and sticking with it. You've seen my collection, cooling fins, carbs and steel frames being the common denominator. Now a days I only insure one, or two at the most, while the rest sit. Rotate to suit. I'll ride that into the sunset. The younger folks might need the latest/greatest. Nothing wrong with that but I find my way soothing to the soul. And I don't mind telling people:cool:

I thinned the herd, I just felt bad for the bikes that weren't getting enough love, being insured and not being ridden.

I imagine if I was an Arab prince and had 14 wives it would be the same deal, two or three may never get full value.

I thinned the herd, I just felt bad for the bikes that weren't getting enough love, being insured and not being ridden.

I imagine if I was an Arab prince and had 14 wives it would be the same deal, two or three may never get full value.

That's always an option if you haven't butchered them to personal taste and essentially gutted their value.

Utah is much closer to help you with your theory.

the FZ 10 SP is being released in Europe in Feb 2016. I would also be interested in taking one home :) herd some rumours stating the suspension is not well suited to street riding, it's quite harsh and no way to tune it... maybe if you had a degree in computer science you could fiddle with the box.
Another thing I don't get... fuel milage is 36mpg...the R1m is rated at 40mpg... you would think that it would be the other war around. My current 08 FZ1 is thirsty but it does every thing I need...tour. track and street...and it sure is a hoot to ride

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom