Home Wifi Issues....looking for advice. Any tech gurus here? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Home Wifi Issues....looking for advice. Any tech gurus here?

No guru here but a couple of days ago I had some DHCP error/notification messages similar to yours; they were pertaining to a Chromecast device I just put onto my wifi network using my el cheapo TP Link router. I was getting outages every 10 to 60 minutes.

What I did was manually input a DHCP reservation and via this configuration, I associated the device's MAC address to a fixed IP address of my choice in an attempt to cut out the DHCP chatter. It's been working fine so far and I haven't seen any more errors in the router logs.

Could always try it. It's free. ;) It's on page 51 for your router
ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/DIR-816L/DIR-816L_REVB_MANUAL_2.00_EN.PDF

Thanks everyone for the input really appreciate it! Been holding a signal since I changed from auto channel switching to a fixed signal but slow at times. Will try some other suggestions this weekend to speed it up. Cheers.

No guru here but a couple of days ago I had some DHCP error/notification messages similar to yours; they were pertaining to a Chromecast device I just put onto my wifi network using my el cheapo TP Link router. I was getting outages every 10 to 60 minutes.

What I did was manually input a DHCP reservation and via this configuration, I associated the device's MAC address to a fixed IP address of my choice in an attempt to cut out the DHCP chatter. It's been working fine so far and I haven't seen any more errors in the router logs.

Could always try it. It's free. ;) It's on page 51 for your router
ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/DIR-816L/DIR-816L_REVB_MANUAL_2.00_EN.PDF

Those aren't errors, though. That's DHCP doing what it's supposed to

return it, waste of time

buy a Netgear or ASUS
TPLinks are supposed to be decent (for the price)

return it, waste of time

buy a Netgear or ASUS
TPLinks are supposed to be decent (for the price)

Losing my mind at home recently as I just bought a router (D-Link) and am having issues with devices losing signal for a short period, and then back onto the signal. Not sure what's going on and can't seem to find an issue.

The router is a D-Link DIR-816L which was recently purchased at Staples when they had it on sale. Can't find the receipt so not sure if they'll take it back, I'm also not sure whether it's an actual router issue, or is it just a setting which is cycling through bands/channels etc.

I can see the WiFi icon on the iPhone 5S/iPad and it's just not working. Turn off WiFi and it works great. Sometimes it'll just keep 'loading' but nothing will come up so I need to turn off WiFi, turn back on a few minutes later, and then works for a while again...primarily with 5S. iPad working better, but still has it's hangups.

Looked into the modem from the service provider, but seems to be working properly. Laptops / iMac don't seem to have this issue and stay connected with no disruption in service.

Any suggestions welcome before I toss this thing out.

This might be an issue...

Back
Top Bottom