Leanometer or similar products | GTAMotorcycle.com

Leanometer or similar products

I like my toys too :)

I recently purchased this on their site but i have yet to see any shipment notification from them.

It's probably been at least 3-4 weeks. I e-mailed them multiple times with no response.

Will probably have to file a claim with PayPal and MasterCard.

Well...aside from it being another electronic gizmo to strap to the handlebars (and I'm guilty of liking my electronic gizmos), I'm just not really sure what the point is.

Track guys I guess I can understand it for the competition and analytical aspect (although I'm not sure that it's of much use to them, could be wrong?), but for the average guy on the street like many of us here I don't really see any value in it personally.

Sorry to hear that. I had experience on filing claim with Paypal. It was smooth enough, took about 3 weeks. Hope you can get your toy/money back soon.

It would / could be handy on a track bike.
I would not put one on my street bike simply because I'm an idiot and playing with "how far over can I get this" on repetitive corners would probably put me into the buckwheat patch.

Search to see if you can find a smartphone app that will do this. All smartphones come with 3 accelerometers that can measure x/y/z coordinates. comparing upright states to lean states you should be able to measure the lean angle. I cannot remember the number of readings per second, but it can be so fast that I could not properly display it on the screen.

I am not saying to find a smartphone app, ride with it and watch it after each corner. That is distracted riding and a hazard to you and to others.

Search to see if you can find a smartphone app that will do this. All smartphones come with 3 accelerometers that can measure x/y/z coordinates. comparing upright states to lean states you should be able to measure the lean angle. I cannot remember the number of readings per second, but it can be so fast that I could not properly display it on the screen.

I am not saying to find a smartphone app, ride with it and watch it after each corner. That is distracted riding and a hazard to you and to others.

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/

To me it wouldn't be useful to know my lean angle on track, unless I want to brag about it.

It would / could be handy on a track bike.
I would not put one on my street bike simply because I'm an idiot and playing with "how far over can I get this" on repetitive corners would probably put me into the buckwheat patch.

Would only be handy for bragging, this information is useful for absolutely nothing.

Interesting bit of kit. Just the other day when I had my new tires on the balancer, noting the rounded profile, I thought to myself what would be the actual angle of lean at the very edge? I figgered a PA inclinometer would give me that info. Just lay the wheel over to the ragged edge and read the numbers off of dial face. Then I could cross reference against the latest MotoGP numbers. From this I could develop some interesting talking points.

Interesting bit of kit. Just the other day when I had my new tires on the balancer, noting the rounded profile, I thought to myself what would be the actual angle of lean at the very edge? I figgered a PA inclinometer would give me that info. Just lay the wheel over to the ragged edge and read the numbers off of dial face. Then I could cross reference against the latest MotoGP numbers. From this I could develop some interesting talking points.

Tires change shape under load so that will affect your timmies lean angle theory.

Tires change shape under load so that will affect your timmies lean angle theory.

Not at 60psi they don't. Thought you had me, didn't you?

there was an interesting (for a moto nerd) article in MotoGP magazine on lean angles and the new spec tires, lean angles are reduced yet lap times are the same and in some case faster. They use those anglenometer thingys and find a use for the data.

That or its just to amuse me, but I cant imagine amusing me is worth what it must cost them. I'm amused here and its mostly free.

there was an interesting (for a moto nerd) article in MotoGP magazine on lean angles and the new spec tires, lean angles are reduced yet lap times are the same and in some case faster. They use those anglenometer thingys and find a use for the data.

That or its just to amuse me, but I cant imagine amusing me is worth what it must cost them. I'm amused here and its mostly free.
The less lean angle the more grip and you can apply gas earlier, so riders reduce the bike lean angle by body position.

Contrary to Tim Hortons theories the lesser the lean angle the better.

Or, if you have a GoPro, take a couple screen shots of your videos. Import into Photoshop. Bring up the information panel. Draw a line on the horizon line - it will show you your lean angle.

Sure, it's not real time, but it's accurate.

Back
Top Bottom