What does Primmums accident forgivness really mean? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What does Primmums accident forgivness really mean?

theshnizzle

Site Supporter
I have accident forgiveness on my policy. As posted, I was in a MVC on Friday and the car is written off. As far as I know the driver of the transport truck will not be making a claim as there was minimal damage,just a bent mudflap support from what I could see, and I won't be making a claim. So,both parties,no claim.

I still have my ticket of failing to stop at a red light. $325.00 and 3 demerit points.

I am going to assume that the ticket will be forgiven? This may be a dumb question but insurance companies always seem to find a way to worm thier way around things.

Your broker, insurance agent will be happy to outline the criteria.

Accident forgiveness is different than driving record. So it's possible even without making a claim or reporting an incident, you can be facing an increase in premium.

In any event, it's only relevant at renewal. And to what degree, it's difficult to say.

Maybe one of the insurance pro's can chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would I call my insurance company to disclose anything yet? Or ask questions. Anything I say will be put into my record,I'm guessing. Once I saw it I can't take it back.

I have accident forgiveness on my policy. As posted, I was in a MVC on Friday and the car is written off. As far as I know the driver of the transport truck will not be making a claim as there was minimal damage,just a bent mudflap support from what I could see, and I won't be making a claim. So,both parties,no claim.

I still have my ticket of failing to stop at a red light. $325.00 and 3 demerit points.

I am going to assume that the ticket will be forgiven? This may be a dumb question but insurance companies always seem to find a way to worm thier way around things.

Accident forgiveness means that if you are in an At-Faul collision, you wold be forgiven for that accident for 6 years and would not be surcharged for it. Having a ticket however has no impact on Accident forgiveness. I am assuming that you are at fault in this accident since you disobeyed a traffic signal, and you were to file a claim, you may be forgiven for it. Since you are not making a claim then everything is up to you. I would make sure that the other driver does file a claim of go to the police reporting centre because at that point your insurance company will find out about the claim.

- Vinnie

Back
Top Bottom