Holiday deals thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holiday deals thread

World class chocolate for a great price. Check out the holiday options.
https://www.somachocolate.com/pages/holidays

The Christmas bar this year looks awesome.
https://www.somachocolate.com/colle...mpkin-seeds-and-raspberry?variant=49022453197

Xmas-bar_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
World class chocolate for a great price. Check out the holiday options.
https://www.somachocolate.com/pages/holidays

The Christmas bar this year looks awesome.
https://www.somachocolate.com/colle...mpkin-seeds-and-raspberry?variant=49022453197

Delicious chocolate, horrendous price once shipping is in. On a $100 box of chocolate shipping starts at $15. On a $10 chocolate bar, shipping starts at $15. They need to reprice so shipping isn't a ridiculous percentage of the total. I had a big order last year and cancelled it because of the shipping cost. I just checked again after you posted the link to see if things had improved. They haven't.

Just took a look into this as I'm looking for a good, reliable VPN, however, Windscribe VPN seems to have many complaints in regards to "Speed Issues".

Many lifetime VPN's on that site for 90%+ off. Seems decidedly dodgy. Why would any company offer a lifetime at over 90% off? First year to suck people in, sure, but forever? My suspicion is those companies will collect subscriptions and then fold (or be so slow that everybody stops using them). All of the main VPN providers are in the ballpark of $40/yr.

been shopping for a good vpn myself, I was tempted by the lifetime Windscribe, but reviews were so so, went with NordVPN, highly rated. tonnes of servers.

on sale right now for $99US for 3 years.

https://crackberry.com/only-275-mon...-your-browsers-connection#1xw20a5l2kA52d9Y.97

Last edited:
For anyone into running, duathlons and triathlons, there is a store called Du Tri & Run that has about 50% off on their shoes and clothing/gear.
They have very high quality gear.
They are in Mississauga, in Clarkson and do not have a website for online sales.
I just got an email from this store: 50%-75% off the entire store for Boxing day sales. Their prices are really cheap to begin with, so this is pretty sweet if you are needing any sort of running, swimming or cycling gear and fuel as well like gels and stuff. They are a smaller store that operates booths at marathon and triathlon expo's, so call them for their hours - but well worth the trip. (905) 823-5427

netflix is a tough nut....constantly blacklisting VPN servers
so it's a game of whack-a-mole
so far Amazon is not playing that game
as long as my cookie from the .ca site is clear
I can login at .com with my VPN and enjoy the US catalogue

went to the mall with my daughter
not another customer at the koodoo booth
took all of 5 minutes
but yeah, I hear the phones were jammed up

netflix is a tough nut....constantly blacklisting VPN servers
so it's a game of whack-a-mole
so far Amazon is not playing that game
as long as my cookie from the .ca site is clear
I can login at .com with my VPN and enjoy the US catalogue

Is it possible to do this on the PS4??

not sure if that wold work....assume you would have to have the VPN
running at the router level, don't think you can install VPN on a PS4?

answer to my own question: no, PS4 does not have the ability to configure a VPN

as for the rest, no idea how it would or would't work
PS4 uses an amazon app for prime video I'm assuming?

best to read up on a PS4 specific board
don't think site management is big on extended TV hacking discussions here

not sure if that wold work....assume you would have to have the VPN
running at the router level, don't think you can install VPN on a PS4?

answer to my own question: no, PS4 does not have the ability to configure a VPN

as for the rest, no idea how it would or would't work
PS4 uses an amazon app for prime video I'm assuming?

best to read up on a PS4 specific board
don't think site management is big on extended TV hacking discussions here

Thank you for the information :)

Should be. I was using a VPN on my PS3 to get US Netflix and left the computer alone to still get Canadian Netflix...best of both worlds. Both the computer and PS3 were hooked up to the TV so it was seamless.
Point being, if it worked with a PS3, I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a PS4.

Delicious chocolate, horrendous price once shipping is in. On a $100 box of chocolate shipping starts at $15. On a $10 chocolate bar, shipping starts at $15. They need to reprice so shipping isn't a ridiculous percentage of the total. I had a big order last year and cancelled it because of the shipping cost. I just checked again after you posted the link to see if things had improved. They haven't.

Look at Hummingbird chocolate out of Almonte Ontario. A small company that has actually won world chocolate awards.

I recommend just buying some volume; it's easy and it works well to reduce shipping costs. Costs aren't bad at all when doing that. With shipping I typically get the costs down below $1 per bar. The chocolate is good for a year; and I often place an order with another person or two as well (which is another great idea to increase the order size and share the shipping costs). Think great gift ideas as well and an order can get even larger. For me it adds up quickly to a volume order. At that point, costs are quite low, especially for world class chocolate.

Looking at prices, some number crunching has shown in my experience that I pay about $2 per serving for me for something like the starry night bar (or similar price range bars). I pay over $2.50 for an equivalent confection store jumbo chocolate bar which I have in a similarly single serving.

World class chocolate is actually great value. I've read some interesting articles on this. The market hasn't matured to the level of wine or craft beer or truffles, etc. For example, to be able to get very rare and gold world championship award winning chocolate, which was thought to be extinct over the last 90 years or so, locally for less than $20 for a bar is amazing. Those other food stuffs and drinks can be an order of magnitude higher in cost, or more, for similarly rare and esteemed example in their category.

Look at Hummingbird chocolate out of Almonte Ontario. A small company that has actually won world chocolate awards.
That was a great story. Thx for the reminder of another great regional chocolate option.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom