Lost my only key to my Suzuki motorcycle, what the heck do I do? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lost my only key to my Suzuki motorcycle, what the heck do I do?

Mind blown how cheap it is to get keys cut. Will the market not bear a higher price?

You didn't bring any keys and got it done for $5? Or are you suggesting this for people who just want copies?

I've had similar problem before. I found the key code for my bike 'inside' the helmet lock unit...

A few examples:
http://r1.locksmithledger.com/files/base/image/LL/2012/08/16x9/640x360/cyl2_10761590.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/32zpYZL.jpg

I have a guy on ebay, that can cut keys from key codes, pm if anything, he is in USA though.

To get a key from the original dealer, the key code must first be located. This is usually stamped on the key, but it is also found on the lock cylinder. Some motorcycles do not have the key code stamped anywhere on the body. A few places to look include:

• Under the gas cap
  • On the seat lock
  • On the fork lock housing

Last edited:
Any REAL locksmith can cut you a key if you bring him/her the ignition switch tumblers.

Only if he has the blanks and most don't. There is a guy in Brampton that does have a wide selection of blanks - don't recall the location but in the south end

If you notice the mcycle keys are usually quite long...some places can't cut them even if you bring a blank as it does not fit their cutter

Last edited:
So I lost my only key to my bike unfortunately.

What can I do? I have the title and all that stuff if that is required. Can I get a key made somehow or will I need to change the ignition?

Can a Suzuki dealer make a key?

what year/model?

some older jap bikes, all you need is a code & know someone

Last edited:
Most of the modern (past 20 yearz) Suzuki bikes use the same key profile (Ilco brand SUZ18/X241), you can buy em at various locksmith shops. One notable would be ACME Locks at Lawrence and Warden in Scarborough. If you're willing to take the ignition lock out and bring it to them to make sure you have the write key, PM me and I can give you a contact to meet someone to actually cut it for you on the spot, mostly around Scarborough.

Thanks for the help everyone it has been great.

A friend I was helping move several days ago found it in his garden last night randomly. No idea how I dropped it but I am ecstatic he found it. I thought it was a goner. Time to make a bunch of copies!:lmao:

Just spotted this.
I'm a Locksmith, and we can cut many keys.
Always best to have a second, or more copies.
When I ride, I have two keys with me, one in the ignition, and one on a key ring.
If you know the key code #, keep a record of it!
We can cut keys most of the time by the #.
We do not have parts for motorcycle locks, and some do not come apart, so some locks can be a problem.
There are tools to read the tumblers, but only for some models.

Back
Top Bottom