Lost my only key to my Suzuki motorcycle, what the heck do I do? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lost my only key to my Suzuki motorcycle, what the heck do I do?

johnnnw

So I lost my only key to my bike unfortunately.

What can I do? I have the title and all that stuff if that is required. Can I get a key made somehow or will I need to change the ignition?

Can a Suzuki dealer make a key?

So I lost my only key to my bike unfortunately.

What can I do? I have the title and all that stuff if that is required. Can I get a key made somehow or will I need to change the ignition?

Can a Suzuki dealer make a key?
Yes they can

Good question, as a precaution I wanted to get a spare key for the bike, went to home depot, Canadian tire, neither knew what to do, apparently they cant cut motorcycle keys...anyone know of any place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Or am I stuck with going to the dealer?(Honda bike)

Good question, as a precaution I wanted to get a spare key for the bike, went to home depot, Canadian tire, neither knew what to do, apparently they cant cut motorcycle keys...anyone know of any place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Or am I stuck with going to the dealer?(Honda bike)
I bought blank keys from ebay and cut them at superstore.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I was told by someone at a Suzuki dealer a locksmith might be able to help me out because I am the third owner I don't have the key code, so none of the dealer's will help.

Called seven locksmiths and everyone had the same answer "we don't work on motorcycles".

Looks like the only option at this point is spend $125 on a new ignition.

I was told by someone at a Suzuki dealer a locksmith might be able to help me out because I am the third owner I don't have the key code, so none of the dealer's will help.

Called seven locksmiths and everyone had the same answer "we don't work on motorcycles".

Remove the ignition switch (or maybe the seat/helmet lock) and take it to Mark @ 109cycle. He can decode the lock and cut most.

Go to a smaller operation, like the shoe/key booth at a mall. The guy at Woodbine mall not only cut a key for a VF500F that nobody else could make work, he also did a fantastic job repairing a set of Alpinestars boots

If your bike is somewhat junkie you could wire it to a toggle switch or even your kill switch. I have one street bike wired like that but I just make sure not to tell anybody about it. If you go that route don't forget about the little resister.

PM sent.

I had a locksmith make me a key withh a file in my back yard about 10 years ago. Cost $200. So, you have options. I tried buying blanks before and taking tgen to Canadian Tire, but it didn't work.

^what he said

[h=2]Re: Lost my only key to my Suzuki motorcycle, what the heck do I do? [/h]dunno??

A good locksmith shop can cut motorcycle keys. My wife and I rode to the one in downtown Oshawa this summer and had 2 spare keys cut, one for her Yamaha and one for my Honda - they had blanks for both in stock. I keep a spare key for her bike on my ring, and vice versa - if either of us ever lose our keys on the road somewhere we can still continue on without any problem.

Any key I've ever needed for my bikes I could get from the dealer.
They can search the VIN on their database and make a key for the bike.

Newer gsxr Bikes have a specific key with an electronic signal, has to be a dealer

Anyone ever go to a dealer for a new key? (Provided you have old and want a new copy?)

How much do they charge?(I went to a dealer, they gave me the number of a guy they always use)

Go to a smaller operation, like the shoe/key booth at a mall. The guy at Woodbine mall not only cut a key for a VF500F that nobody else could make work, he also did a fantastic job repairing a set of Alpinestars boots

funny you mention that 'dine dude, forget the details now but boss (wife actually..) ended up with the same story..

A good locksmith shop can cut motorcycle keys. My wife and I rode to the one in downtown Oshawa this summer and had 2 spare keys cut, one for her Yamaha and one for my Honda - they had blanks for both in stock. I keep a spare key for her bike on my ring, and vice versa - if either of us ever lose our keys on the road somewhere we can still continue on without any problem.
you walk on water no doubt

[video=youtube;ttEMYvpoR-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEMYvpoR-k[/video]

Back
Top Bottom