Crashed my car today,im charged, temp sticker, what do I do? first accident | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crashed my car today,im charged, temp sticker, what do I do? first accident

Thank you Paul. The car in question was a Honda 2003 with almost 300,000 on the odo. It was in mint shape though. I paid 1450 for it. As an aside,I don't see the point of having a new (er) car that I will drive only during the winter? Anyway.....I am torn between calling the insurance company and talking to them but one never knows how things will go....and waiting till Monday and trying to get info from the trucking company. If they don't claim and I won't claim,is there a point to fessing up to insurance? I don't want to be sneaking around with some skullduggery either looking over my shoulder like a gollum but if no claims are made from either party who's the wiser?

I'm pretty sure my insurance company said I had 14 days to report a newly bought car, and that I was covered for both a new vehicle and any rental vehicles. Of course it is better to tell them the VIN beforehand.

If the truck left turned in front of you and you had a yellow then the truck driver is at fault. You should make a claim to recover your purchase.

This is correct, as long as you notify the insurer within 14 days.

It is part of your policy that most insurers/brokers/agents do not talk about, but it is in your contact between you and the insurance company.

Sweet Lincolns mullet!

Well, OK...I learned something new today. I was always under the impression that until you called your insurer to actually get insurance on a newly purchased vehicle you were out in the cold for actual coverage.

Sweet Lincolns mullet!

Well, OK...I learned something new today. I was always under the impression that until you called your insurer to actually get insurance on a newly purchased vehicle you were out in the cold for actual coverage.

informative thread. Are 10 day permits available for motorcycle purchase? ty Paul South.

Hey meester_jamie, I saw your response before it disappeared into the ether.

On that topic, I'll say this - at least, unlike many others around here, I'll readily admit when I'm wrong. I've even (gasp) apologized before.

Uncommon stuff, I know.

On that topic, I'll say this - at least, unlike many others around here, I'll readily admit when I'm wrong. I've even (gasp) apologized before.

Uncommon stuff, I know.

I think the 10 day rule only came in a few years ago, not sure though. So yeah, if you're an old-timer you do it the old way.

informative thread. Are 10 day permits available for motorcycle purchase? ty Paul South.

If you have insurance you can get a 10 day temporary permit for a motorcycle.

I actually got pulled over the day after my temp expired (I thought it was expiring the next day) while on the way to MTO with my safety to complete the registration... thankfully the cop was nice and let me go.

If you have insurance you can get a 10 day temporary permit for a motorcycle.

I actually got pulled over the day after my temp expired (I thought it was expiring the next day) while on the way to MTO with my safety to complete the registration... thankfully the cop was nice and let me go.

thanks for info on motorcycle 10 day permit. decent cop to say the least.

As someone already stated. You have 14 days to notify your insurance company when you've added or replaced a vehicle. This means that you would be covered since it was on your first day of owning the car. Also you getting a ticket does not impact a claim. We have different rules when judging an accident.

Edit: ...

First damn time I agreed with you and you were wrong, damn it.

Uncommon stuff, I know.

Last edited:
Sweet Lincolns mullet!

I.didnt.mean.to.be.short.or.rude.as.wrote.the.reply.in.a.hurry....i. appologize......now.i.need.to.find.out.why.space.bar.doesnt.work.in.reply.with.quote.....sigh

Did I miss something here? You were going straight through at an intersection and hit a truck that was turning left and you got charged?

Back
Top Bottom