Who wears a Back protector? Street riding. Which model? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who wears a Back protector? Street riding. Which model?

- I have never gone on track without one (forcefield)
- Never gone on dirt trails without one - except that one time I was just testing an MX track slowly and my bike flipped - it really hurt and felt like my back took a huge hit. In other words, never screw around without one.

I don't use one ridding street.

- I have never gone on track without one (forcefield)
- Never gone on dirt trails without one - except that one time I was just testing an MX track slowly and my bike flipped - it really hurt and felt like my back took a huge hit. In other words, never screw around without one.

I don't use one ridding street.

:confused:

I have an Alpinestars Nucleon back protector which fits into the pocket in the back of my Dainese jacket. It's pretty comfortable so I just wear it all the time.

I just upgraded my old Alpinestars Bionic insert to the newer Nucleon KR-2i (CE Level 2) model. The new one is lighter and more supple and it follows the curvature of your spine much better. No-brainer for 70 bucks.

Also got the matching chest inserts (CE Level 1) to upgrade the old Bionic, non-CE-rated ones. Same material as the back insert. Old ones were thinner and a bit lighter.

alpinestars_back_pro_nucleon_kr2_i_rollover.jpg

27010689.jpg

Last edited:
Now-a-days whatever comes with the jacket. Previously I used a bulky T-Pro with incorporated chest protector that would chafe my nipples.

Racing Superbikes and Dirt riding I wouldn't go without one. Street riding is just not practical for me, I should but I don't.

Actually I do have a motorcycle specific hoodie that comes with CE level 2 back protection including shoulder and elbows, so I guess I do ride with back protection on the street sometimes

Last edited:
Racing Superbikes and Dirt riding I wouldn't go without one. Street riding is just not practical for me, I should but I don't.

Actually I do have a motorcycle specific hoodie that comes with CE level 2 back protection including shoulder and elbows, so I guess I do ride with back protection on the street sometimes

What jacket do you use then when not wearing the hoodie? This is for research purposes.

I own one. Don't wear it very often though. It's a long Knox Contour with the chest protector.

What jacket do you use then when not wearing the hoodie? This is for research purposes.
I wear a regular Hoodie in the summer and a gerbing heated jacket with a normal HD3 Marks jacket when it get's cold.
When I go up north for real riding I use a Velocity Custom Jacket.
834845_orig.jpg

I just upgraded my old Alpinestars Bionic insert to the newer Nucleon KR-2i (CE Level 2) model. The new one is lighter and more supple and it follows the curvature of your spine much better. No-brainer for 70 bucks.

Also got the matching chest inserts (CE Level 1) to upgrade the old Bionic, non-CE-rated ones. Same material as the back insert. Old ones were thinner and a bit lighter.

alpinestars_back_pro_nucleon_kr2_i_rollover.jpg

27010689.jpg

I do the same. Always upgrade the back protector for the jacket insert. I think wearing a seperate back protector would be too annoying. Without a back protector I dont feel safe.

I see so many clowns at my dealership with back protectors over their T-shirts, and NO bike jacket! What's with a THAT? Dumb...

I see so many clowns at my dealership with back protectors over their T-shirts, and NO bike jacket! What's with a THAT? Dumb...

It's the feminization of the American male, wearing outrageous things for the sake of style. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's the feminization of the American male, wearing outrageous things for the sake of style. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I agree with you. Style is good. Peer Pressure?
Specially, when you are in a wheelchair or a coffin.

Track or sport riding, I wear one. Commuting, I just have the ones inside my jackets. Basically if I'm wearing full leathers, I wear one. Current one is a Dianese.

I bought the A* nucleon to fit inside my A* gpr jacket.

The nucleon is way smaller than the insert pocket and it moves around laterally and vertically and makes it uncomfortable.

I tried the med., and the large, and got the same result. ... :dunno:

For track, my leathers have built in hard back insert so no need for a seperate one.

My armored shirt comes with one but I forget to put in. Got used to doing without as the backrest on the Daylong made it uncomfortable. Both jackets have soft protectors but nothing rigid at all.

Back
Top Bottom