Best place to buy wood flooring? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place to buy wood flooring?

CruisnGrrl

Site Supporter
We would like to rip up the carpet in the bedroom and put down wood/wood like flooring, doesn't have to be fancy, looking for a low cost per sq ft, preferably the stuff that clicks together.

Where's the best place to buy flooring? bedroom is 15'4"x11'4" and the closet is 8'x6' so i guess 230 sq ft (a few extra sq ft just incase)

I've been to a **** ton of places in the last few weeks. The best selection and prices were at Brampton hardwood. They were usually $2 cheaper on high end products than everyone else. No cash you gotta pay tax. Will be buying from this or next week.

Good luck. Their installer charges $1.75 per sq ft to install. If you have someone better or cheaper letme know please. Gotta get 1420 sq ft installed

I'd imagine she would install it herself. 10% is usual for overage/wrong cuts

Wood, monaghanlumber.com.

Click laminate- Lowe's or HD

If you get down Kingston way, Gaylord Hardwood has an outlet store on Sir John A Blvd. I can't remember if they have click-lock, but I don't think so. As stated above, for that, just go to Lowes or HD.

After weeks of looking and checking prices (as well as some recommended shops by GTAM) we ended up finding the best price on engineered hardwood at Home Depot. We love the floor and how it looks and feels. It was on sale down to something close to $3/sqft in the summer.

If it was for myself, long term, I'd never use laminate again. Have yet to see laminate that feels solid/quality. Engineered hardwood I've never tried.

Its pretty hard to beat Home Depot/Lowes/Rona on price, selection isnt always the best but you cant beat the volume they can process. And you can get it delivered, the stuff is heavy.

I'll never put laminate in my house again, and I've done hundreds of sq ft. I would do engineered and there are some engineered floors that are click lay now (lowes has it) and on sale is pretty good.

If it was for myself, long term, I'd never use laminate again. Have yet to see laminate that feels solid/quality. Engineered hardwood I've never tried.

Used laminate flooring once in a bedroom - never again. Just like you say, feels cheap and unstable compared to real hardwood (which I have in many other rooms in the house).

We have used PROPER laminate flooring time and again in both our investment property, cottage, and friends' houses and have never had an issue. The quality / thickness makes a huge difference and it's more durable to scratches / dents than some hardwoods that I've seen. This isn't the same laminate of years ago. Make sure you get NA or EU manufactured laminate and you can see/feel the difference.

This time we went to engineered because we couldn't afford hardwood, and we didn't want straight up laminate in our own house. Engineered hardwood was a good compromise and the price we paid was approx $3/sqft with the click install....easy and only took a couple of days to install it throughout the entire townhouse. I'd highly recommend.

AA Flooring in Etobicoke.
I bought my engineered hardwood from them this past summer.
They have laminate, engineered and hardwood options, hundreds of styles and colors and everything is Canadian made.
Great place to deal with. I was pleased with the purchase, delivery and install from them.

We have used PROPER laminate flooring time and again in both our investment property, cottage, and friends' houses and have never had an issue. The quality / thickness makes a huge difference and it's more durable to scratches / dents than some hardwoods that I've seen. This isn't the same laminate of years ago. Make sure you get NA or EU manufactured laminate and you can see/feel the difference.

This time we went to engineered because we couldn't afford hardwood, and we didn't want straight up laminate in our own house. Engineered hardwood was a good compromise and the price we paid was approx $3/sqft with the click install....easy and only took a couple of days to install it throughout the entire townhouse. I'd highly recommend.

OK yes your right, when I typed I'll never use laminate in my house again I didn't specify the $1.69sqft crap from a big box store. There are some much better grades and products available , some commercial grades costing more per sq ft than solid hardwood. I put the cheapo in my kids bedrooms, uggggh. it was done simply on price and at the time , how teenage kids are on flooring.

Wood flooring ... it's like oil threads. Seriously, there's so many types/kinds/finishes out there, and even more retailers ... nuts. Take your budget and just pick what you like ... I am sure you have a street locally, where you just drive down and it's all flooring stores.

I put down laminate flooring a couple of years ago and bought it brand new unused off Kijiji from a contractor who had excess product for $150. Sold my excess for $40. Kijiji's your friend for everything except toilet paper and toothbrushes!

from what ive seen, costco sells the thicker wood/laminate flooring for just over $2 /sq foot where the same or a comparable product would be $5-6 at home depot.
im going to be doing about 1600 sq foot next summer and will be going with costco.

15 years ago I put industrial grade Pergo in my basement and it has survived years of mini stick floor hockey games and still looks decent enough. It is good for higher traffic areas but I am certain it has improved since then. Would not put in the living room or main floors. It was expensive at that time as it was imported from Europe.

from what ive seen, costco sells the thicker wood/laminate flooring for just over $2 /sq foot where the same or a comparable product would be $5-6 at home depot.
im going to be doing about 1600 sq foot next summer and will be going with costco.
Keep an eye out for when they put it on coupon. You can save even more then. I'm on their email list, get weekly emails.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I've been to a **** ton of places in the last few weeks. The best selection and prices were at Brampton hardwood. They were usually $2 cheaper on high end products than everyone else. No cash you gotta pay tax. Will be buying from this or next week.

Good luck. Their installer charges $1.75 per sq ft to install. If you have someone better or cheaper letme know please. Gotta get 1420 sq ft installed

Had work done by Brampton Hardwood over a decade and they were great. Can't comment on their pricing on flooring but they do really good work.

Had work done by Brampton Hardwood over a decade and they were great. Can't comment on their pricing on flooring but they do really good work.

Actually, after buying their product. I would not recommend them. I have a feeling they sold us Chinese jetoba as Peruvian jetoba. The wood has too many gaps and it's not the premium hardwood they told us it was. Their installers are crazy. Marking up square footage or being verbally abusive when we decided not to go with them.

I don't think I'll go back. It's too bad I have two houses in the pipeline that I was going to flip. Definitely not going there again.

Please beware. Prices are good but product isn't. Go to a reputable place they will atleast give you good product.

I'm actually thinking of buying from Costco. Their prices seem half decent and quality should be better. Their returns are the best.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom