Anyone ride DJ or BMX? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ride DJ or BMX?

JP0160

Anyone here ride mtb or bmx? I rode flatland and park from the time I was about 13-18, took a 8 year hiatus and today I picked up a brand new 21" Premium Duo. I took it to the little concrete park here in Keswick and tried to get some muscle memory back and was just flooded with memories. I used to spend a good 6-10 hours a day there dodging skateboards and razor scooters. Not much has changed! Still full of kids on skateboards and scooters, bikes are not seen too often there.

I'm not 20 anymore, that's for sure. My lower back and wrist are always acting up and I'm about 40lbs heavier than when I last rode. I'm about 6'1" so I opted for the longer TT version (remembering my 19" flatland bike that I just felt way too cramped on), and the past month I've been eating better and working harder, so I'm down to 218lbs but I think I'll need to drop another 20 before I feel comfortable on the bike again. It was about an hour before I was doing 180's, fakies, footjam whips, 270 tailtaps and I even landed a couple 360's. It just feels so natural again! A nice light bike and an overload of adrenaline made everything feel so dam smooth.

Anyway, anyone else ride a regular bike? I'm hoping to get out to Joyride a few times over the winter, that place is just insane.

FMJ & Inreb is the resident stars. You gotta worship them to get info though

I still ride a Haro SR 2.0 bmx and a '87 Haro Master. I'm 43 and starting to feel a little silly on them so I'm thinking of moving up to a 24" cruiser. Sunday has really nice one; the Model C.

Had a Redline from 1983 that was rad back in the day. Light for racing and not equipped for pipe or bowl trick. Chrome with red and gold. Wish I still had it but, know for certain I wouldn't ride it. Sticking with my MTB and never looking back. Lol.

If I could get my hands on a white with black PK Ripper for peanuts, I might go back down memory lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a '96 Haro Fusion comp bike in the 90's, but used it for everything from street, to single track trail haha good times. I never got into flat-land stuff, but got serious respect for it!

Took almost a 10-year hiatus from bicycles, and returned in the mid 00's. I ride mostly single-track on an all-mountain (i.e. less-than-ideal bike for the flat trails here) bike, and take it everywhere between Horseshoe Valley near Barrie, to Hydrocut in Waterloo. I built a singlespeed road bike a few years back too, but don't ride it much since I live far out in the burbs now.

Back
Top Bottom