Interesting video - easy to follow - The Incriminating History Lesson They Just Can't | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting video - easy to follow - The Incriminating History Lesson They Just Can't

-D-

Banned
What says some of the elder tribe members that lived through or is more adept in this area?
Interesting simple video explaining currency, gold, oil, war, (and Honda Civics, for real, lol).
Is this a fairly accurate representation/presentation of the facts?

The Incriminating History Lesson They Just Can't Teach in School

[video]https://youtu.be/nDr1VYvUbKw[/video]

Over the decades I got ALL my information from the main stream media. It has recently come to my attention that this information was not totally above board. Be that as it may, if you were astute and able to synthesize the bafflegab you could tell something was amiss globally. I can't remember if it was the guy on the cover of Mad Magazine or Uncle Sam who uttered "What, me worry?"

edit, it was Alfred E. Neuman

edit again, maybe not related to recycling petro dollars but tying money to gold seems kind of quaint. Nothing wrong imho in printing money if it's tied to the value of something. example, at the end of each work day more resources have been extracted from the ground and converted into valuables that didn't exist yesterday. Money needs to be printed to represent that new value and to barter it with, no? Too simple?

Last edited:
But much of those resources get used up and no longer hold value, so printing money against them is "false". Though there are other valuables other than gold. Diamonds have an artificial value thanks to DeBeers.

ok, watched it. Talks about going from the gold standard to the oil standard for US dollars. It's a bit simplistic, but does have some relevance. Kinda of the "too big to fail" scenarios.

Last edited:
But much of those resources get used up and no longer hold value, so printing money against them is "false". Though there are other valuables other than gold. Diamonds have an artificial value thanks to DeBeers.

ok, watched it. Talks about going from the gold standard to the oil standard for US dollars. It's a bit simplistic, but does have some relevance. Kinda of the "too big to fail" scenarios.

Ok, but, should there be just one set amount of cash and that's it? Money needs to be printed to represent population growth and asset accumulation regardless that people die and assets degrade. The trend is always forward. I think the concern is printing money outpacing progress. Obviously, I'm just grasping.

The petro dollar piece was interesting because you can see why/how 'wars' get started.
Any oil producing country wanting or trying to move to using another currency (not USD) gets invaded and leader killed.

It was interesting how you essentially hook the planet on your 'drugs' and if they try to get off you kill the user.

Currency used to be actually tied to a commodity (hence Fort Knox). You could not print what you did not have/own.

TLDW; but I'm guessing it's another one of those "shocking exposes" about fiat currency and fractional reserve banking...?

Not so much, it is a simple demonstration of a few things tied together that lead to where we are today.

...It was interesting how you essentially hook the planet on your 'drugs' and if they try to get off you kill the user...

More like the kill the other dealer.

The reasons for war have just "adjusted" a little. Might not be actual land ownership, but resource ownership now.

vid is like all the others out there, nothing new. Stating the obvious, but not doing much more than ranting about it.

I watched about 30 seconds - thanks for posting

On company time?

That's a good idea, send into the Unions to allow them 'online time' to check their social media etc...I am sure someone can get a medical note stating it causes worker anxiety if they go x amount of time without checking their online.:lmao:

Too bad, he missed the Honda Civic part. For some reason I thought it was funny, reminded me about Sunny and his Honda's.

Stopped watching around 2 minutes in. It is not necessary for a currency to be tied to some arbitrary commodity that our society has arbitrarily declared to be valuable in order for our economic system to function. It's probably a fair argument that our economic system could not function if money had to be arbitrarily tied to the arbitrary value of a particular commodity. (It may have worked in the 1800s but it could not work now.) You might as well just arbitrarily declare that the currency has a certain value in and of itself ... which is what has been done, a long time ago.

Stopped watching around 2 minutes in. It is not necessary for a currency to be tied to some arbitrary commodity that our society has arbitrarily declared to be valuable in order for our economic system to function. It's probably a fair argument that our economic system could not function if money had to be arbitrarily tied to the arbitrary value of a particular commodity. (It may have worked in the 1800s but it could not work now.) You might as well just arbitrarily declare that the currency has a certain value in and of itself ... which is what has been done, a long time ago.

If I understood some of that info correctly it was working until the late 1960's.

I always took money and it's value for granted even accounting for inflation. The 2008 financial bust dovetailing with proliferation of the youtubes sure changed that. I'm not so eager to amass paper "numbers" anymore. I like me physical assets, to a point, and to be able to generate a surviving cash flow at will. When the will is broken, sell some assets. It's a bit of a balancing act but I'd feel more the fool chasing cash and missing my hobbies than falling a little short as I age and lose the ability to function as a viable human. You gotta go sometime and you can't take it with you so on and so forth etc.

Last edited:
On company time?
Is there any other time? I would have left GTAM a long time ago if there was no company time .

Even if a country has a gold standard currency they can still print money as they see fit, it just means that their currency is worth less in gold. I a country has a trillion in circulation and gold is worth 1200 local, they can print another trillion and now gold is worth 2400. Take currency out of circulation or buy more gold and gold will be worth less local... Or they can buy another countries currency and then use their gold stores to back your currency... Never mind large countries dumping gold reserves on the market collapsing everyone else's currency. In the end it does not provide much more control than a fiat currency.

What the rubes get confused by is gold currency. Back in the day when currency was coins and they were made of gold, silver... You cannot just print money without having the actual gold, because the currency was made of gold.

Backing currency in consumables is even dumber than gold standard or fiat currency. Back your dollar by oil, well you are using the oil at a high rate, which means that you need to keep replenishing it to maintain your dollar... Then some other country that is not oil backed but produces more oil than you do drops the oil price and boom your currency crashes. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

You mean 600?

You mean 600?

Nope 2400, if you print more currency in a gold standard world (without increasing gold stockpiles) you devalue your currency against gold and the price of gold in your currency therefore rises (basically inflation). Of course the exchange rate against other gold standard currencies also changes, if Canada prints more money like this, the US dollar, UK pound, etc. will cost more (in this fairy-tail gold standard world)--assuming they are not printing at the same rate.

Point is, even with this gold standard the currency is still floating or can be made to float by manipulation, it just makes it slightly more (but not much more) complicated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom