Motorcycle Tank passenger handle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Tank passenger handle

In the event of a sudden stop / collision would it cause an undesirable shearing action in the pelvic area?

In the event of a sudden stop / collision would it cause an undesirable shearing action in the pelvic area?

Yeah I thought the same thing.

It looks like it will remove functionality for a tank bag.

Ummmm.....yeah. I think that's kinda obvious. :|

lookup the buddy belt (and the clones)
they sell them at Royal ($20-25)

Yup! Thanks, but I showed her that option already.

....again. Looking for any input on anyone that has experience with these.

Last edited:
The new GF found these and wants to buy it. Looks like a neat idea but I am dubious.

"The new GF" eh... :p

Can't she just hold on your waist? More intimate ;)

But this grib seems a good idea.

How about getting her to ride her own bike?

I think it's time to divorce the VFR to get an enduro or cruiser.

Last edited:
Just get her to grab onto the saddle horn.

Lol - I saw a mother using it with her daughter, I think they are a great idea.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

Yup! Thanks, but I showed her that option already.

....again. Looking for any input on anyone that has experience with these.

Tell her to walk then, lol

It looks useful but you have to bolt it onto your bike...not how I would want my bike to look all the time.

Personally the buddy belt give passenger a 2 stage protection if they slide their hands through the first 'holder' to reach the front holder.
If their hands slip off, they still stay in place.

That tank grip also looks like all of the passengers weight is always on your back/wrist.
Buddy belt allows them to sit up and away from you (in traffic, going sloooow) or a long open road where you talk to each other (headset) so you know they are sitting up and when time to corner you can tell them to change position. It gives the rider a chance to rest instead of passenger always on their back.

i have the bbult with handles on it. works great....dont even notice the gf on the back.

i looked at the handles you posted, tried ordering 1 from a shop and just never heard back.

Ask him, he knows I am sure ....

Ulrich-RWAF-2012.png

Lol - I saw a mother using it with her daughter, I think they are a great idea.

I dunno... My mother had a story from the ER of a lady that came in with her pelvis torn in half just from the tank in a collision. Would be so much worse with these things attached, too.

I dunno... My mother had a story from the ER of a lady that came in with her pelvis torn in half just from the tank in a collision. Would be so much worse with these things attached, too.

damn! oddly, I am pondering how that occurred
wonder what type of bike? maybe severely rear ended?

In one of the links it appears the handle folds down (forward) and sits flat.

damn! oddly, I am pondering how that occurred
wonder what type of bike? maybe severely rear ended?

In one of the links it appears the handle folds down (forward) and sits flat.
I believe it was some kind of cruiser that t-boned a minivan that turned left in front of her. Also had a passenger if I remember the story correctly but passenger was ok compared to the driver. My mother had to x-ray her while they tried to prevent her from bleeding out. Can't recall if she made it.

Nice! Similar concept. Thanks for that. Though yours seems substantially more expensive than the ones I'm looking at.

i looked at the handles you posted, tried ordering 1 from a shop and just never heard back.

Yeah some of the sites look kinda sketch. :confused:

Tell her to walk then, lol

That tank grip also looks like all of the passengers weight is always on your back/wrist.

Ha! :iconbiggrin:

...and yeah I noticed that too. Wrists in the pictures are at an odd angle.

How about getting her to ride her own bike?

Babysteps numpty. She needs a license first and its too late in the year for that. She wants to though.

I think it's time to divorce the VFR to get an enduro or cruiser.

NEVER!!!

What a crazy suggestion lol. "Has anyone used these handles?"
"You need to buy another bike instead"

Ask him, he knows I am sure ....

Ulrich-RWAF-2012.png

I cant make it out. Is the passenger holding onto tank handles?

Yep, otherwise the passenger would be gone shortly after a start or the rider's torso would receive hard tank treatment the moment he touched brakes ... LOL ... these rides do not exactly putter around ... Ulrich can ride it pretty fast, the passenger more less limits him ... you can see the handlebar in this video ... https://youtu.be/b3J72tcFY8o

Nice! Similar concept. Thanks for that. Though yours seems substantially more expensive than the ones I'm looking at.

They are more expensive but they are amazing and fully detachable with no tools in under 30 seconds. PM me if you wanna check mine out. If I changed bikes I'd buy it again without question.

@Matt I've been in the back of many different bikes, gotta say cruisers and enduros (speaking of long rides) are the best for passenger... Otherwise... I have a spare 250 if she wants to buy it off me next season ;). So you choose:

1) Don't divorce the VFR and buy her my 250 :p
2) Divorce the VFR and buy an enduro

@Matt I've been in the back of many different bikes, gotta say cruisers and enduros (speaking of long rides) are the best for passenger... Otherwise... I have a spare 250 if she wants to buy it off me next season ;). So you choose:

1) Don't divorce the VFR and buy her my 250 :p
2) Divorce the VFR and buy an enduro

Yeah but I'm not gonna change bikes for a girl. Motorcycle>Girl
Even if I had loads of ca$h and I bought another bike it wouldn't be specifically for 2up riding.

Besides she finds the VFR comfortable, she just saw the handle on IG and I was curious about it cause I've never seen it before.

Better choice:
3)She enjoys being a passenger on the super comfy VFR until she's ready to get her license, and then she'll buy her own bike.
...preferably a Honda :p

Back
Top Bottom