G&M: New Rider Article on experience at RTI beginner course | GTAMotorcycle.com

G&M: New Rider Article on experience at RTI beginner course

TorontoBoy

My crash course in learning to ride a motorcycle

Nothing we don't know already, but a good public safety announcement anyway. Too bad it is at the end of the season, but better late than never.

G&M Matt Bubbers said:
On Sunday, what happened – in motorcycle speak – is that I biffed it.

The sound of my helmet scraping along the pavement was loud. I had time to think, “Ahhh, this was an expensive helmet.” I was looking straight ahead at Keeley while the bike and I were falling, she said.

Good on Matt for taking the course and writing about it. It is a good example for potential riders.

this is literally what happened to me at RTI. raining + emergency brake and i went down on the tu250. didn't end up passing my test that time because i had fractured my wrist and had to wear a cast all summer. hopped back on next year to try again and passed just fine!

Did they check him for concussion? Allow him to wear a crashed helmet?

this is literally what happened to me at RTI. raining + emergency brake and i went down on the tu250. didn't end up passing my test that time because i had fractured my wrist and had to wear a cast all summer. hopped back on next year to try again and passed just fine!

jesus that sounds like a nightmare, i hope you just had to take the retest and not pay the whole 500$ again...

I did some sweet rear end slides doing the emergency braking part in the rain. They kept commenting on how skilled I was with my fancy slides. I was not doing that on purpose. I thought it was obvious.

I did some sweet rear end slides doing the emergency braking part in the rain. They kept commenting on how skilled I was with my fancy slides. I was not doing that on purpose. I thought it was obvious.

Did mine in May, with snow because #Canadalol. I think I slid more in that day than I ever did in the rest of my riding days.

Back
Top Bottom