Toll Roads coming to the 416??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toll Roads coming to the 416???

-D-

Banned
What says you?
Traffic barely moves now, would be fun to see how they plan to implement.
I think that would be a trigger for more business to move out of the 416.
They want the tolls to pay for the TTC.

Tory announces tolls for DVP and Gardiner.

They have a REVENUE problem...again.

Last edited:
It's not a revenue problem. The city earns PLENTY.

If unions aren't butchered at the negotiating table, the costs will keep spiraling out of control.

One more reason not to go to Toronto.

What says you?

They have a REVENUE problem...again.

What says I? I says it's a people problem. I know that sounds obvious. That's why I said it. Think about it. Whenever there are problems. Look around, you'll see people. More people, bigger problems. We need a thread for this? What's your problem?

Toronto will be coming to you...hold tight...shortly

I know it. Waiting for the gentrification of the hood to build up a full head of steam, then hit the bail button.

I know it. Waiting for the gentrification of the hood to build up a full head of steam, then hit the bail button.

Me too. Waiting to unload my bunker for a cool mil some day. Then I can buy a $150,000 understeering 4 banger. Yay.

With the speeds you travel on these roads during rush hour, they could just declare them as parking lots and charge accordingly.

That's what it is .. a moving parking spot worth $2 / ride ... toll can be a reasonable tool to regulate traffic, but there has to be the alternative people "should" go for. You know, the comfortable rapid transit, the bad 905ers can use. I actually heard some delusional soul call the TTC & Go ... rapid transit system. I guess, that soul never stepped out of GTA, Ontario or Canada?

I get it ... mayor dude, looked at his balance sheet and realized, finally (opposed to 2 years ago), that they are f-ed ... this time for good, so he panicked and decided to go for the jugular ... probably concluded he has nothing to lose .... I just don't understand how this option could lead the mighty Toronto and GTA, out of decades long trouble??? Is this supposed to be the tipping point for 905ers to hop on the pathetic public transit system??? Sorry mayor, I just cannot see it .... you just introduced another tax, rather than a plan out of the long-term mess.

The chickens have come home to roost but delayed. Traffic.

What says I? I says it's a people problem. I know that sounds obvious. That's why I said it. Think about it. Whenever there are problems. Look around, you'll see people. More people, bigger problems. We need a thread for this? What's your problem?

YUP big old Elephant in the room, Canada's Immigration Policy!:headbang:

I always thought that the 407 was a toll road.

Back
Top Bottom