Black Friday and cyber Monday motorcycle related deals. - what you getting? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Black Friday and cyber Monday motorcycle related deals. - what you getting?

You're still importing goods. Why would they suddenly become duty free?

via Tapatalk

@Jayell - no expert but from what I understand, as long as you aren't bringing "duty free" stuff like cigs and booze etc, it's all good.

Shop for clothes and other stuff. Bike parts, etc. Blow a couple of grand if you like and you only end up paying tax. Can't remember if it's the whole HST or just the fed portion?

As least, that's my experience and I've crossed in Sarnia, Windsor, Queenston, Sault Ste Marie. Cross maybe 4 or 5 times a year.

Haven't paid duty ever but, I don't bring booze unless I spend the appropriate amount of time in the country.

Just show my receipt and pay the tax.

Last edited:
Where did you buy?

BTW, Re-Gear has LS2 FF323 Arrows, though not the carbon version, for $220.

ReGear is used stuff. This is brand new from Fortnine.ca
Apologies if this isn't allowed by GTAM rules.

Have a regular Matte Black finish XL LS2 for the track already, and my Shoei street helmet is expiring this spring, so I figured I might as well...

Last edited:
@Jayell - no expert but from what I understand, as long as you aren't bringing "duty free" stuff like cigs and booze etc, it's all good.

Not being argumentative, but this doesn't explain your claimed difference between buying goods at a US retail store versus picking up at a US mail box.

When you ship to the US mail box, you only pay the tax at the border.

via Tapatalk

Ever heard of NAFTA? (during the last 20 years)
Of course I have. This does not mean everything imported to Canada from the US is duty free. Loosely put, it depends on the country in which goods are manufactured.

via Tapatalk

@ jayall

Maybe someone that may work or familiar with the Canadian border agency can respond?

Not thinking you are argumentative at all. Just want to know from certain I'm sure.

What I do know is, I typically claim what I buy no matter how long I'm over. And never had to pay duty. But I don't buy smokes, booze or anything from the duty free unless I know I can do so safely.

As for merchandise, it's always worked out.

Sometimes, I show them the price paid in US currency and the agents don't catch it and end up paying tax on the lower dollar amount.

Last time I crossed with bike parts, I got waived through.

Often I'm asked what kind of bike I ride and it works in my favour. Lol.

Sometimes, it does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I have. This does not mean everything imported to Canada from the US is duty free. Loosely put, it depends on the country in which goods are manufactured.

Yes, though in reality you just don't see (read, or hear about) it being applied for most everything when shipped by general postal service, as opposed to crossing the border with a new luxury european auto. And especially not for motorcycle related black friday and cyber monday related deals (thread title). Arai - nope, Ohlins - nope, Pirelli - nope, Dainese - nope, etc ad nauseum.

Last edited:
In my humble experience A) there is some confusion on "duty free" , it mostly means the tax at the point of origin is removed,ie; you bought scotch whisky in Aruba, Aruba duty free sells it to you for $20, your still responsible for the taxes and possible duties and tariffs in your home country if it exceeds your allowable exemption limits.
Bringing stuff from the US could mean taxes, duty and tariffs, 'HST', based on original country of origin , value of goods and the mood of the border agent.
I've been sent in to pay appropriate taxes, GST, when I had $5,500 worth of sailboat sails and had been in the US 5hrs, waved through when I declared 3 cases of beer, waved through when I was $500 over my weekly exemption and helped by the border agent to redo my paperwork when I had goods coming from Europe being shipped separate from me.

Was looking for full MX kit. No HST at GP but no good deals. Some good helmet deals at Royal but nothing overly nice.

Great deals on Scorpion exo2000 if you need one $178 at Royal.

In my humble experience A) there is some confusion on "duty free" , it mostly means the tax at the point of origin is removed,ie; you bought scotch whisky in Aruba, Aruba duty free sells it to you for $20, your still responsible for the taxes and possible duties and tariffs in your home country if it exceeds your allowable exemption limits.
Bringing stuff from the US could mean taxes, duty and tariffs, 'HST', based on original country of origin , value of goods and the mood of the border agent.
I've been sent in to pay appropriate taxes, GST, when I had $5,500 worth of sailboat sails and had been in the US 5hrs, waved through when I declared 3 cases of beer, waved through when I was $500 over my weekly exemption and helped by the border agent to redo my paperwork when I had goods coming from Europe being shipped separate from me.

This pretty much. If you are bringing back I believe you can also dodge any brokerage fees since a third-party isn't processing stuff for you, but you can still end up paying the HST if over your allowable limit, or if the goods were not manufactured in the US. I know I avoided fees even when shipping a few items in the past, as they were "proudly made in the USA", and I made sure they put that on the customs label (eg. T-Rex frame sliders, an a few add-ons for a Pitbull stand).

Princess Auto has some decent deals on torque wrenches in the current flyer. Not sure if that ended yesterday or not, but worth checking if you're looking.

I just called, all the ones that are cheap or are on 'deals' are "Discontinued" and not available online or in any store in Ontario.........

Just bought some stuff on royaldistributing.com they having a sale on some gear. Not sure if there are cold weather gloves there but give it a check on their flyer.

And they are still completely water proof after 3 seasons?

They're absolutely not waterproof. That claim is bogus.

They're still in great shape though, and they're somehow not stinky after all that use. My regular leather gloves need replacing every season.

Happy with these...second season ....never an issue with water ( the liner does not pull out like other water proof designs ) and good price. Love the armor in them ....D30 - read about it.
Price is right too - very good with the heated grips

515905tpgaxiomglv.jpg

http://firstgear-usa.com/mens-gear/gloves/axiom-textile-gloves.html

There are warmer ones like the Tundra but too bulky IMNSHO

Back
Top Bottom