Best (loudest) electric horn | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best (loudest) electric horn

timtune

Site Supporter
I mounted a Fiam air horn on my old wing and love it. But the horn on my KLR650 is just plain dismal. However, having mounted the horn on the wing I just don't think there is space to mount it (horn and compressor) on the Kwack so I'm interested in an all electric alternative.

What's good?

Fiamm Freeway Blaster. Available at Canadian Tire.

In diameter, yes, about the same as the OEM.

This horn has a high and low tone. Buy both, put it in series with your OEM horn, use a relay and there will be a lot of dissidence, great for getting noticed. I took my pair off an old minivan, so when I honk people are expecting a minivan. It is loud and works well.

In diameter, yes, about the same as the OEM.

This horn has a high and low tone. Buy both, put it in series with your OEM horn, use a relay and there will be a lot of dissidence, great for getting noticed. I took my pair off an old minivan, so when I honk people are expecting a minivan. It is loud and works well.

So you connected all three horns? That could take up more space than I have.

You don't NEED to use all three. You can install just one, if that's all you have room for.

I use the Freeway Blaster low tone on its own. It's a little bigger than the stock horn, but not drastically so.

You don't NEED to use all three. You can install just one, if that's all you have room for.

I use the Freeway Blaster low tone on its own. It's a little bigger than the stock horn, but not drastically so.

With just the single horn did you connect to the stock hook up or add a relay to run it off of?

No need for a relay. Its current draw is within what a normal horn circuit will supply (10 amps).

Although not "required", it is better to use a relay and larger gauge wiring. There's too much resistance in the stock wires (probably 18GA) and horn switch, and the drop in voltage across these components will limit the current to the horn and therefore make it weaker. Use 12-14GA wires dedicated for the horn and keep the run short. Any horn would benefit from this treatment.

I installed the so called Denali Soundbomb, 120db they claim, on my Tiger today. Much louder than stock. It's a two piece affair, the acoustic unit mounted in the stock position under the steering head and the compressor above the transmission (or wherever you like). Easy to install with the optional plug 'n play wiring harness and relay. A bit pricey, but money well spent, I reckon.

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the loudest or best, but on any car with a single horn, or even with dual diaphragm horns and I want a little more oomph behind the honk, I have always added one of these Wolo air horns. It plays a single low tone, and against a higher pitched diaphragm horn, I find it quite effective. So I have added them to my bikes as well.

I ordered most of my electrical parts like the mini automotive relay from the link below. I did an evap canister delete on my bike, so I reused the threaded hole on my frame that mounted the canister, to mount the horn. I also got my posi-taps there as well. I removed the stickers on the horn, so it's pretty much just black plastic and a little metal.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Relays/relays.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...LQGhLtcyRvtFX5zFgU-_ZjMw&ust=1481747306068506

I had a Stebel for about 6 years and it died, replaced with a Wolo Bad Boy. Both very loud horns. Interesting that there are Fiamm and Hella electromechanical horns that are as loud and louder than the air horns. I connect directly to the battery and use a relay for the air horn.

When/if the Wolo dies I'll probably replace with a smaller Fiamm or Hella as tucking the air compressor/trumpet behind headlight fairing is a pain.

I have a Stebel in mine mounted so that it drains and doesn't accumulate water.
It strapped rather easily to a support under the front fairing, along with the relay.
qtMPuuC.jpg

I have a Freeway Blaster on both of my bikes. If you want the best horn in the industry though, go to the junkyard and get one off a Cadillac.

The blaster users, did you guys install both hi/lo or just one?

Back
Top Bottom