Where could i find these? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where could i find these?

RevIt

$_12.JPG

I'm looking for a large one, not the 20x30 you can find on ebay. im talking 40x60 atleast, looking to put it in my living room above the sofa. The bigger the better.

Blacks can make it whatever size you want.

We took a picture of the "Sagrada Familia" church in Barcelona from our trip and made it big enough to hang above our family room couch.

$_12.JPG

I'm looking for a large one, not the 20x30 you can find on ebay. im talking 40x60 atleast, looking to put it in my living room above the sofa. The bigger the better.

Don't know where that is from or how valid it is, but if someone is taking one of my images without my permission and enlarging it to hang on their wall it's theft. If they enlarged it themselves, I'd probably never know though. If a company did it, they would be in violation of copyrights.

Copyright attaches as soon as the original work is created, and applies to both published and unpublished works. Copyright is an automatic right and does not require the author to file special paperwork, as is the case for trademark and patent. Registration is required to enforce the rights, but as a matter of right, an author is not required to register anything to get the right to use the “circle c,” showing the work is copyrighted.
One of the many terrific things about copyright is that it comes with a host of exclusive rights that allow the owner to do or authorize a number of things and exercise substantial control over his or her work. The copyright owner has the right to do four things (called exclusive rights):

1. Reproduce the copyrighted work;
  2. Display the copyrighted work publicly;
  3. Prepare derivative works based on the copyrighted work; and
  4. Distribute copies of the copyrighted work to the public by sale, rental or lending, and/or to display the image.
When it comes to photos, when in doubt, assume it’s subject to copyright and don’t use it without the appropriate permission. Photographers and graphic artists often make a living from selling or licensing their work and if we all just poached what we wanted, we’d be circumventing not only the law but also interfering with their right to control how they distribute their images.
The purpose of the Fair Use Doctrine is to allow for limited and reasonable uses as long as the use does not interfere with owners’ rights or impede their right to do with the work as they wish.

As for hanging it on your wall...If you already had a print of it you could do so under fair use, but as soon as you get it reproduced(i.e. enlarged) that is infringing on the copyright.
Q: What is copyright infringement?

A: Infringement can include a violation of the rights of the creator or rights holder. Examples of imagery infringement may include:
• Use of whole or part of an image without permission
• Use beyond the scope of a license or permission
• Adapting an image without permission (art rendering)
• Asking another photographer to identically recreate the image

Now, the pic might also be in the public domain if posted online without a copyright notice. So fair use is not involved.

Last edited:
Do as you wish.

Though, from the linked site:
My rule above all else? Ask permission to use all images. If in doubt, don’t use the image!
Editor’s note: This chart has been designed to clarify the complexities of copyright laws for the basic and regular use of images in general publications and for personal use. However, this chart, in its simplicity, cannot and does not cover all the complex nuances of copyright laws. Those who use this chart are encouraged to do so only as a general guideline. When using images and other communication methods, communicators are responsible for understanding the ethics and legalities of copyright laws, fair use stipulations, creative commons licenses, what is and is not considered public domain, and the social and cultural understandings of plagiarism.

Also, it should be noted that these guidelines reference laws and standards in the USA. Laws and guidelines differ, sometimes significantly, in other countries.

though interestingly enough, he charges licensing for that graphic:
  • Individual License (Great for individual employees and students) – $1.99
  • Instructional License (Great for teachers and public speakers) – $5.99
  • Institutional License (Great for organizations, colleges, educational centers, and libraries) – $49.99

and his response to using his graphic...lol

Keiko

August 29, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Permalink I’m also curious about what your permission/usage/attribution rights are for this graphic? If we wanted to use this in a blog post – may we, or must we first ask permission? (The reason I ask, I came to this by way of it being posted in a MediaBistro GalleyCat blog post).
0121d556a4f4b31a2c7c3520063fb2e7
Curtis NewboldPost author
August 29, 2014 at 11:13 pm
Permalink Great question! This is one of those fuzzy areas that typically falls under fair use. If an image like this graphic is posted on a blog (intended to be viewed openly by the public for news and information purposes), you are usually safe to re-post the image for similar news-like purposes on another news site without requesting permission as long as you cite/attribute the source. Online, this means that you should link back to the original author’s cite. This is common practice and it is why you’ll find this graphic re-posted on high-profile sites (like Lifehacker.com) even though they didn’t ask my permission to do so. However, if you intend to use an image for other purposes that benefit you or your company (like including it as a permanent fixture on a website or published in a manual or hung on the wall), you should always obtain permission.
That being said, fair use is a judgment call. There are no precise right or wrong answers. You should be aware that, technically, the owner of the image owns the copyright and has the ability to sue you, even if you think it is used under fair use. With all that in mind, I freely give you permission to re-post this on your blog ��

Last edited:
I think Vista Print does some pretty large stuff.

Keep in mind that the bigger you blow something up for printing the higher resolution the original image needs to be...otherwise it's going to look like a blocky piece of crap. There's a good chance that anything you're going to find online isn't going to be anywhere near large enough a file size. For a 40x60 I think you'd need an original high DPI image in the massive megapixel range - in other words, the original photographers raw image file...I doubt you'll find that anywhere online.

Back
Top Bottom