ecu flash | GTAMotorcycle.com

ecu flash

Nothing against him as he is a smart guy, but above at just changing some settings, the flash also got me new fuel mappings which my FZ9 tragically needed.

But if all the OP want is some settings change like limiter, fan turn on temperature etc, then any flash will do

Fast Company does Flashtune, if you want to deal with a bricks-and-mortar shop with someone who has seen more than a few race bikes through it.

Sorry to hijack the thread but how much does an ECU flash usually cost ? do I need to dyno to see what map my bike requires ?

Sorry to hijack the thread but how much does an ECU flash usually cost ? do I need to dyno to see what map my bike requires ?

Typically a few hundred bucks.

Whether you need to dyno or not ... depends on how common your bike is (with whatever you've done to it). And how fussy you are.

Bear in mind that a stock air filter or a K&N air filter or an Amsoil air filter or <insert any other brand name> air filter won't make any meaningful difference, and a Hindle slip-on muffler or an Akrapovic slip-on muffler or a <insert any other brand name> slip-on muffler also won't be worth a hill of beans. Camshafts, cam timing, big-bore, forced induction, major reconfigurations of intake runner geometry are real engine modifications that will require custom tuning. So chances are, if you have a relatively common bike, with relatively minor common stuff done to it, and you are not racing or doing fuel-economy contests with it where the last little bit of fine tuning starts to matter, a "canned" off the shelf tune will be just fine without any further dyno optimizing.

My experience has been that the "canned" tunes are somewhat rich, because tuning on the rich side is more forgiving. Errors and unknowns and uncertainties and production tolerances won't matter so much. Same goes for off-the-shelf PowerCommander maps. It takes someone who really knows what they are doing a lot of time, including a lot of real world on the road testing, to sort this out properly. The OEMs spend thousands of hours on ECU calibration. Most individual people ... aren't willing to pay for that.

$100 for a flash tune seems reasonable. is this a US company? anybody have cdn companies for recommendation?
It's a local company.

$100 for a flash tune seems reasonable. is this a US company? anybody have cdn companies for recommendation?

I have no idea,I was just in one of my strange moods last night and decided to post in here I don't know why

I have no idea,I was just in one of my strange moods last night and decided to post in here I don't know why

ha ha. the number listed on the v cyclenut ad was area code 809 or something I didn't recognize. Was thinking local (cdn) service would be good ...v cyclenut posted earlier was florida I believe. thx kellen

Last edited:
ha ha. the number listed on the v cyclenut ad was area code 809 or something I didn't recognize. Was thinking local (cdn) service would be good ...v cyclenut posted earlier was florida I believe. thx kellen
I have the vyceclenut flash on my fz09, he did a great job with the one for my Bikes at least.

I just had one done with Jason Britton/No Limit Motorsports in California for $200 US, they use Flashtune (ftecu.com) kit to do the flashing. I used him specifically because he already has a tune specific to the bike/exhaust/and style of riding I needed it for.

Looks like $200 US is the going rate for a flash at most legit motorcycle shops

I used Superbike Unlimited in the US. Mail in service for $200 bucks. They spent some time understanding my needs, and then re-programmed the stock settings using the FT ECU bench, and input a map based on the mods I've done on my bike. I also picked up the FTECU AFR active tune, which essentially adjusts the map on the fly based on whatever ratio is setup. Apparently, this is a must-do on the R1. We'll see what the bike feels like after I put it all back together for the season.

Back
Top Bottom