cc facts | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

cc facts

[video=youtube;Sl9-tY1oZNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9-tY1oZNw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I especially like this bit

These checks took a few weeks, and were largely done in our spare time

Still does nothing to explain why/how there has been no significant trend in atmospheric temp readings. You know, where the warming is supposed to be happening. These guys believe, so the start with that and cherry pick data sets which back their beliefs... nothing new here.

^ Again, weather is not climate. Snow fall in unexpected areas is no more indicative of the climate as a whole than a heat wave hitting northern BC .

Again, this completely ignores satellite data of atmospheric temp... Again, where the models predict it should be warming out of control, and all our austerity measures and taxes are based upon....

Since that isn't happening we present you... lmao

Given they have to qualify statements like this

NASA estimates 2016 was the warmest year with greater than 95 percent certainty.

with this

Because weather station locations and measurement practices change over time, there are uncertainties in the interpretation of specific year-to-year global mean temperature differences

Combined with the lack of atmospheric temperature integration, the most accurate by all accounts.......

A narrative to protect I guess.

Last edited:
Again, this completely ignores satellite data of atmospheric temp... Again, where the models predict it should be warming out of control, and all our austerity measures and taxes are based upon....

Since that isn't happening we present you... lmao

Given they have to qualify statements like this

with this

Combined with the lack of atmospheric temperature integration, the most accurate by all accounts.......

A narrative to protect I guess.

Wait. I get to say it this time. Weather is not Climate. Oops, actually it is. Just very short term.

The problem with both sides of the argument, is that there is no definitive proof one way or the other.

Well, unless we make things so bad that we can't survive, but even then, some will argue that it's just the natural cycle.

In the meantime can we at least try to minimize our impact on the environment somewhat, without putting ourselves out too much?

Wait. I get to say it this time. Weather is not Climate. Oops, actually it is. Just very short term.

The problem with both sides of the argument, is that there is no definitive proof one way or the other.

Well, unless we make things so bad that we can't survive, but even then, some will argue that it's just the natural cycle.

In the meantime can we at least try to minimize our impact on the environment somewhat, without putting ourselves out too much?

We have for many many years. Reduction of VOC's and Smog producing substances such as NOx and sulfur dioxides have made measurable improvement... but there's the rub; those emissions had a concrete verifiable theory of impact behind them. The case for CO is still a rather unproven hypothesis as the models and climate haven't exactly cooperated in proving the theory, particularly the wild doomsday scenarios. If anything the lack of extreme weather and atmospheric temp increase, two pillars of the anti carbon crusade, have shown the positive feedback climate models are largely flawed.

So here we are, wasting billions trying to mitigate a naturally occurring gas based on the doom and gloom of a theory still largely unproven... In the words of Patrick Moore (Green-peace co-founder) "true environmentalism has been hijacked"

PS I'm not sure where your first line comes from but I was referring to atmospheric temp data on multi-decade time scale, which have hardly moved despite a near doubling of CO2.. Also to clarify, when I say weather is not climate, I specifically mean weather events like "oh my, snow in a desert"

Has anyone read this:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/

Interesting read!

..Tom

Bjorn is also the subject of a pretty good doc of a few years back. You can find it on YT

.... hope you're ready for the PC punch down after posting something from the "creationist" Dr. Spencer's blog.... don't you know his thoughts on God nullify any work he's ever done in climate lol

If I told you I believe in pixies just before delivering a scientific lecture I'm sure you'd just take everything at face value wouldn't you. Nothing PC about it. It's just a case of questioning the ability of the speaker/author to distinguish between facts and "feelings".

Want to buy a bridge?

Edit...to be clear, it's more the literal creationists and those that take a literal interpretation of the bible that I have issues with.

Last edited:
If I told you I believe in pixies just before delivering a scientific lecture I'm sure you'd just take everything at face value wouldn't you. Nothing PC about it. It's just a case of questioning the ability of the speaker/author to distinguish between facts and "feelings".

Want to buy a bridge?

Edit...to be clear, it's more the literal creationists and those that take a literal interpretation of the bible that I have issues with.

If you were lecturing on microprocessors and came from a position of 40 years expertise, I don't really care what you believe outside of microprocessors if that's what I came to learn about. What if your FA, who's for 20 years done nothing but hit home runs for you shows you a personal collection of big foot photos, you gonna fire them? Probably not. Spencer co-invented the satellite temperature measurement technique... he's been attacked with whatever means necessary since openly questioning the "consensus"

I have absolutely no issue with clean energy, once it's affordable. Flip side, what if the all the positive feedback hypothesis are right and CO is the only thing staving off another ice age? Oopps. I think rational debate, and EQUAL funding to the people on both sides should be whats tweeted about, because any honest climate scientist will admit there are still many massive holes in our understanding of climate. What day should I have my bike ready to ride again?

and by affordable, I don't mean subsidized
Is California doing something different, or are they in the same boat as Ontario?

Back
Top Bottom