Not coming to motorcycles anytime soon | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not coming to motorcycles anytime soon

Just the same 5 guys with the same ******** arguments,Can't really move on to a different thread as it is the same crap on every thread.

Somehow you guys find something to argue about in any topic.Don't you guys ever get bored and for a change post something entertaining. Have a sense of humor? no?

I am not talking about you, your posts are decent, anyways, no point on this conversation neither.
Well, if you prefer often somewhat unintelligible posts with random links and unrelated videos mixed in for no apparent reason, there's someone here for that too.

God forbid somebody has a debate around here that involves more than 10 word responses, however.

If its TLDR for you, feel free to scroll on past.

Last edited:
For one thing, our bikes are all but away now and we're already getting punchy but secondly, it's the ****ing Romper Room; why don't you go play content-Mountie somewhere else?

For one thing, our bikes are all but away now and we're already getting punchy but secondly, it's the ****ing Romper Room; why don't you go play content-Mountie somewhere else?

attachment.php

Hey, letting you know.

Attachments

• 2016-11-21_15-16-56.jpg
    2016-11-21_15-16-56.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Whoageeze, shots fired!

2 day's since the season ended and everyone's got their boxers all in a twist here already.

Get off my lawn.

Whoageeze, shots fired!

2 day's since the season ended and everyone's got their boxers all in a twist here already.

Get off my lawn.

Just make sure to pepper your posts with lols and smilies so people know you aren't serious. :toothy3:

I'm never serious.
But I am thoroughly entertained.
☺??????✌✊???

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

zx600 is just upset some people are able to come up with more to say than "I'm done with this thread"

I've never said that any of it isn't going to eventually happen, I think that's inevitable – what I do disagree with is the timelines for it reaching mass adoption and regulatory acceptance.

To return to the flying car example once again, they do actually exist and have in various forms for decades, however when was the last time you saw one at your local Walmart?

Flying cars always struggled with practicality imho. Nevermind takeoff and landing space requirements, you should know air regulation is a large hurdle for the everyday, every man, flying car. Look to what governments are trying to implement for tiny drones...

Now, take the human factor out of the flying car questions... becomes a bit more realistic. I think I'll see it in my lifetime. Don't discount the now exponential technology advancement rate. The pace of development is 10 fold what it was even 20 years ago. Careful what you wish for... How far are you from retirement :p

Hey, 2 out of 5 are here, wonder when the other 3 will show - Finally one entertaining thread in here
zx600 is just upset some people are able to come up with more to say than "I'm done with this thread"

Hey, 2 out of 5 are here, wonder when the other 3 will show - Finally one entertaining thread in here

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people... Have a nice night ;)

holly ****, you can google!

Sooo original- Here have a half star X
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people... Have a nice night ;)

Last edited:
Flying cars always struggled with practicality imho. Nevermind takeoff and landing space requirements, you should know air regulation is a large hurdle for the everyday, every man, flying car. Look to what governments are trying to implement for tiny drones...

I agree. At this point flying cars are nothing but lousy airplanes molded to a clunky car (so the worst of both worlds) that still require a full pilots licence to fly, so really the practicality isn't there.

The evolvement of the systems to the point where the operator of any automated vehicle is trustworthy enough to be considered as truly autonomous, reliable, and 101% trustworthy (the biggest kicker) is where my opinion wavers. I don't see us getting there in the near future.

Like I've said...yes, it's possible now, but the very video at the beginning of this thread (where the system stumbles) along with more than a little evidence (two Tesla autopilot deaths, the crash of Turkish Airlines Flight 1951 where AutoLand was deemed to be a primary contributor of the death of 9 people) to mention but a few is what will make people, and more importantly....regulators, to question things.

In both of those situations (the Tesla crashes, and the Turkish Airlines crash) more attentive people at the controls (not the opposite) would have resulted in both situations never happening to begin with, so the argument of removing the people (the human factor) from the equation as being the solution doesn't seem to be the case. My earlier Gimli Glider story also plays true - a computer wouldn't have pulled that off...people did.

I do recognize that increasing automation in the land of all things vehicular is inevitable, but I do firmly believe that it's going to be firmly at the level of operator augmentation for a long time to come, not operator elimination. Certainly not within the timeline before I retire, anyways. ;)

:shrug: For every cherry-picked instance you can come up with PP I could just as easily find examples of situations where a human pilot intentionally flew his plane into the ground, the ocean (or another ocean...) or into buildings because of irrational human reasons: debt, religion, anger or mental illness, drugs/alcohol, stupidity etc etc. These are situations where if a rational computer were at the controls people would not have died and, hell, wars may not have begun...

I'm not sure why you believe that automated systems must be "101%" -- whatever that means -- trustworthy. The tipping point would be when they can be demonstrated as being equal to or better than humans at given tasks. We can always analyse hazards and, through rigorous risk management, attain risk levels that are deemed acceptable; nothing is 100% "trustworthy", not even the most advanced airliners or spacecraft. Again, I think you're defensively setting the bar at unattainable levels for automation for personal reasons, not rational or practical ones.

P.S.

:D :) :D :D :D

Ultimately only time will tell and we are effectively just sharing vastly different opinions here.

(Keeping it short for the long post challenged. ;););););))

Ah there we go. Thread complete!

3 out of 5 :)

Back
Top Bottom