BMW diesel oil | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW diesel oil

boooya

Site Supporter
Been running Rotella T6 for years without issue.
I can get the BMW diesel oil for next to nothing, anyone using it?
I know Castrol brands it specifically for BMW but cant seem to find any specifics about any friction modifiers or a JASO rating.
Not sure this stuff is wet clutch friendly.
8bcea28b9cfa9b61fc8fbd7760f86530.jpg
fa0629e55e68ba4af61598bd532524a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

List price on a liter of motorcycle oil is less than $9.00. Not sure what motor you have, but I have a doubt you have saved enough over the years of changing oil on your bike to pay for a new motor/clutch etc. Many people have used many oils and not had issues... I personally stick with the oil recommended by the manufacturer, or if not available an, equivalent oil with the JASO-MA (or MA2) rating.

That being said... I don't see an MA rating on that bottle.

An API SN grade and 5w30 viscosity and no JASO MA means it potentially has additives not suitable for wet clutches. I wouldn't take the chance.

An API SN grade and 5w30 viscosity and no JASO MA means it potentially has additives not suitable for wet clutches. I wouldn't take the chance.

x2. The weights aren't really right for most bikes either, although for cooler weather it'd probably be OK, but for the summer months most bikes call for a 40 weight oil. On a hot summer day you're oil would be thinning out too much.

With all the other brands, wasn't "Long Life" always the giveaway that they had additives that weren't wet clutch friendly?

With all the other brands, wasn't "Long Life" always the giveaway that they had additives that weren't wet clutch friendly?

"resource conserving" or "energy conserving" in the round seal is the big red flag.

api-circle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom