Motorcyclist killed in crash on Silvercreek Parkway | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist killed in crash on Silvercreek Parkway

Clique of One

Motorcyclist killed in crash on Silvercreek Parkway

http://guelph.ctvnews.ca/motorcyclist-killed-in-crash-on-silvercreek-parkway-1.3167441

Ryan Flanagan, CTV Kitchener

Published Friday, November 18, 2016 4:54PM EST

Last Updated Friday, November 18, 2016 6:25PM EST

A 46-year-old man was killed in a three-vehicle collision in Guelph Friday afternoon.
The collision occurred around 4:15 p.m. on Silvercreek Parkway North, north of Speedvale Avenue.
As of Friday evening, police were still trying to piece together exactly what occurred, but said the collision involved the southbound motorcycle, a southbound pickup truck and a northbound pickup truck.
“It would appear that the motorcycle was behind one of the pickup trucks,” said Sgt. David Doxey.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead in hospital. His identity had not been made public as of Friday evening, but police did say that the man was a resident of Paris, Ont.
Police officers at the scene did not believe anyone in either of the trucks was injured.
Following the collision, police closed Silvercreek to traffic between Speedvale and Campbell Road.
It was expected to remain closed for several hours, police said.

RIP rider. :(

Frig, must have happened minutes after I went through. I went right off of Speedvale and south on Silvercreek. Traffic was heavy. May God rest the poor man's soul. Terrible price to pay for a nice afternoon ride.

RIP rider

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

RIP rider. Awful way to end the riding season.

This evening's news said he'd run into the back of the pickup truck ahead of him and was deflected into the other lane where he was hit by a truck coming the other way. :(

Back
Top Bottom