KTM 690 Enduro engine noise | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 690 Enduro engine noise

Getoverit

Hi. New to the forum. I have a 2014 690 Enduro with 5k that I think is making a bad noise from the engine.
I haven't ridden the bike in a few months. I recently started it and it just seems way more noisy then it was before. Even my wife says it sounds terrible.I know these are noisy engines to begin with but I just want to make sure the noise is bad before I take it to a shop. Or if it sounds OK.maybe I'm just worried about nothing.
I was wondering if anyone in the Whitby(Brooklin)area had a 690 Enduro that I could listen to to compact it to mine.I know this is a long shot but thought I'd try. I will come to you. I'll trailer my bike just in case there is an issue with it.

KTM...but new gen, so it shouldn't have oil leak issues like the older gen. But did you make sure it has oil ?

I will be going to whitby in the next few weeks to help a forum member out, if you'd like to meet up - PM Me.

^oil yes.

check the exhaust for loosey/loose bolts from the cyl head to the end of the exhaust. place hand near suspect spots to feel for leak. (with engine running, dont burn your hand) check bolts for tightness.

i would take up frekey guys offer if problem persists, he has many excellent reviews on this forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the exhaust.It seems all good and tight. boyoboy.
I'm pretty sure the noise is from the engine inside.

Call Mike at Clarington Cycle. Great bike shop and guy.

Corner of Taunton and Old Scugog Rd

Back
Top Bottom