Parking Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking Insurance

sraj007

So I've inquired about parking my bikes for the winter. Just wanted to know what everyones insurance companies policies are on parking insurance? Do you guys get refunds back when you park? I've had this discussion with some friends whose insurance providers don't give much/if any discounts for winter months.

Thoughts/comments?

When you pay yearly, you are already paying very little during winter months which is for fire and theft. No point in making any changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorcycle insurance is seasonally rated. Meaning that you have used 90% of the coverage during the summer months. Should you cancel during the winter you would owe money. If you cancelled before summer after renewal you would get a refund. So putting it on comp (fire &theft) would not change the rate and benefit you none. Hope that helps.

So I've inquired about parking my bikes for the winter. Just wanted to know what everyones insurance companies policies are on parking insurance? Do you guys get refunds back when you park? I've had this discussion with some friends whose insurance providers don't give much/if any discounts for winter months.

Thoughts/comments?

Usually if you can get anything back it's really low. I never did before as it's such a low amount and I'd ride when the weather is good but now that I'm on a 2 stroke I've been told I shouldn't ride in cold temps without rejetting and once I moved to Toronto I noticed they never clear the residential roads (such as mine) so there is snow and ice almost all winter. So I've been kind of thinking of suspending the coverage to get a few percent back.

If you start your policy in the spring like most riders do and cancel in the fall, you most certainly won't get anything back – to the contrary you'll get a big bill in the mail.

On the flipside, if you start a MC policy in the fall and then cancel it in the spring you will get almost all of your premium back.

Back
Top Bottom