Motorcycle suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle suggestions

m0hawk

Hey guys, so after riding my GS500, a buddy of mine wants to buy a bike but doesn't know exactly what he wants. I was hoping you guys could help with some suggestions.

Budget is ~$2000-2500, something in between 500-800 CC. Preferably sport touring/upright/naked. Obviously with that budget he's not going to get anything "mint", new or with low kms. He's been looking into older Monsters, an Yamaha FZ, or BMW FC650. Personally I think those bikes would be too much/out of his budget.

His old bike was an older KTM dual sport (forgot what model, i think 700CC?)

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated

Cheers

Yamaha FZ6, Honda CB 599, Suzuki SV650 or maybe a Suzuki Bandit could be had for $2500. I'd skip looking at European makes at that budget.

Suzuki SV650N.

It's a sport touring, upright, naked, the S comes with fairings. I bought one 2 months back, a guy at work has a GS500, and I liked the naked look. You should be able to find one used within budget, the Naked models are a little harder to come by.

a guy at work has a GS500, and I liked the naked look. You should be able to find one used within budget, the Naked models are a little harder to come by.

Step 1: Buy fairing version
Step 2: Buy round headlight and clamps
Step 3: Removing fairings
Step 4: Attach headlight

My Dad has one. Literally the only difference. He flops back and forth.

I've seen this done, They are small differences between the S and N. I believe the foot pegs position and sprockets are different, and the handlebars are lower on the S model.

Also, my insurer asked weather I have an S or N model, and checked with the Vin, not sure if the S would have had a slightly higher rate, he did mention it matters. Both great bikes either way.

Back
Top Bottom