Buying an engine | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying an engine

will do, im also on the lookout for rotella t6 sales/deals, if anyone knows, let me know pls

I presume if it is scrap metal - someone would get rid of it for $100. Or you might be able to find a blown up hyosung motor for that kind of money.

This is a nicer deal - asking $300 - seems mostly there - http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/oshawa-durham-region/81-yamaha-rt-100/1216335102 if you fix it up and spend time at it - you can have a fun little toy

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-touring/kitchener-waterloo/1982-honda-450-twin/1214777732

What do you think of this one freke?

Good prospect, good price. Disc brake on the front, probably drum on the rear, so you can see and learn about both. Electrical system seems intact based on the fact the headlight is on, could even be a runner based on that fact as well.

Heck, for $250...if you're looking for a bike to tinker on and perhaps actually rebuild instead of just scavenging for learning...there's a real possibility of getting that old girl on the road for not a lot of money IMHO. New rubber, perhaps other common things like fork seals, brake hoses perhaps, but all stuff you'd learn about during the tinkering process you wanted. As long as the engine and transmission is solid, that is.

And if it's just a teardown and scrap it result in the end, well, you're out $250. Considering it's supposed to be snowing tomorrow he'd probably take less now, for that matter...the ad has been up for some time, afterall, and the market for a 30+ year old bike in November that needs work is pretty small. ;)

Good prospect, good price. Disc brake on the front, probably drum on the rear, so you can see and learn about both. Electrical system seems intact based on the fact the headlight is on, could even be a runner based on that fact as well.

Heck, for $250...if you're looking for a bike to tinker on and perhaps actually rebuild instead of just scavenging for learning...there's a real possibility of getting that old girl on the road for not a lot of money IMHO. New rubber, perhaps other common things like fork seals, brake hoses perhaps, but all stuff you'd learn about during the tinkering process you wanted. As long as the engine and transmission is solid, that is.

And if it's just a teardown and scrap it result in the end, well, you're out $250. Considering it's supposed to be snowing tomorrow he'd probably take less now, for that matter...the ad has been up for some time, afterall, and the market for a 30+ year old bike in November that needs work is pretty small. ;)

Was able to talk the guy down, just need a truck, or someone with a truck to help me pick it up now, i can give a small fee for help, or perhaps beer/coffee/lunch
(probably not roadworthy just yet)

He has ownership

What is it? The ad says Honda 450, but he lists the cc at 650. Anyway, it's a Honda twin, a fairly hard-wearing engine. At that KM I suggest you replace the timing chain, which is a PITA since it's located in the centre of the engine (ask me how I know). Also has aluminum pistons which will be absolutely filthy and covered in thick charcoal when you pull the head off (use Easy-off oven cleaner to remove it). Might as well remove the entire engine from the bike and clean it all up. Try running it a bit to see how much oil it burns, you might need a hone and re-ring. It's a fairly simple setup, and a reliable engine once the wear parts are replaced.

Back
Top Bottom